spread her wings

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

brooke

spread her wings

Post by brooke »

:(

Our family had to say good bye to our IRN on the morning of 9/19/06.
Sara, who had been a part of our family for 14 years! got out. She flew to a nearby tree but we were unable to retrieve her. She then flew further away and we thought that was it. But she made her way back that night to a tree next door and stayed there all night. The next morning she got spooked and flew off across a field and we never got to see her again. I have kept her cage out everyday since. Calling her and rattling her cage and putting her favorite foods out with no luck. I have gone on numerous walks with my 10mth old twins calling her by name and one of her calls I can do but no luck. I have cried everyday since my bird flew away. We posted fliers and spoke with neighbors as well. I hope in my heart she has found a new home and we are glad she got to spread her wings and see the world for the first time in 14 years. I will continue to keep her cage out a few more days just incase even though its hard seeing it empty on me and my older children as well!

But if she does not return we will always have her in our heads and our hearts! Good Luck Sara, we MISS YOU VERY MUCH! :( :( :( :( :(
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Wow that is a hard way to loose a parrot...I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers...hopefully she'll come back soon

Dani
Bird crazy

Thinking of you

Post by Bird crazy »

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your family as you deal with the loss.

Warm hugs.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat