Possibly a growing family?

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

ranechild

Possibly a growing family?

Post by ranechild »

My boyfriend and I have dicussed getting an eclectus parrot before. When I was just learning about birds before Camo the Qp came to live with us, he talked alot about Ecletus and how he's always wanted one.

This may be our chance. I found some very reasonably priced birds--2 males, 5-7 years old-- whose owner just died. The surviving kids are trying to find a good home for them. The price is half of what the going rate for a baby is. And there are two of them. And we might be able to wheel and deal for the cage as well. It's a King's cage.

I'm getting more information now, but it's very likely we will take two more winged wonders into our house. I'm already trying to figure out how I'd rearrange the furniture to make room for them.
AJPeter

Re: Possibly a growing family?

Post by AJPeter »

They take up a lot of space but are delightful birds to have, good luck if you take them.
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

Eclectus have always seemed like pretty laid back birds. I saw my first one recently (in person vs online) and I didn't realize how big they were.
MissK

Post by MissK »

It always comes down to the furniture sooner or later. I got rid of two gorgeous china cabinets for my birds. What do you think you'll do?
-MissK
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

i'm out a chair that i didn't use and a small table
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

I will be sacrificing the large tv to the basement and bringing up the smaller tv to mount over the fireplace. I loose my TV stand, but gain an entire corner of my living room. I will have to look up to the TV, but that's not so bad. I'll have to get some shelves to go against the wall to replace the TV stand-- to hold all the board games. and I'm mounting a mantle over the fireplace to protect the TV from heat--added benefit is a place to put cute little pictures and knick knacks.
MissK

Post by MissK »

That sounds acceptable. And it's easy to look up at tv when you are reclining on the couch with birds climbing on you. Of course, with so many birds, you may choose to do as I do and just watch birds instead! :lol:
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

It is official, this weekend our family will be growing by two eclectus parrots! We will probably try to rehome one after some period of time.

We are buying their cage too--a 40 by 40 King's cage! Now I really have to get to that furniture rearrangement!!!
MissK

Post by MissK »

WOW! That's a whole PILE of excitement! And a lot of work. I know someone who recently suffered the loss of her Eclectus. Should I tell her your news, regarding possibly rehoming one in the future?
-MissK
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Please do. I hear they are 5 to 7 years old. From the pictures they look VERY well cared for. Their names: Green and Yellow. I don't know which one we'll keep because we haven't met them yet, but the Bfriend seems to think that one will be enough. We are going to get them Saturday. I hope they aren't grieveing too badly over the loss of their owner.

We are going to quarentine them for a little while in the spare bedroom. They seem very healthy based on picutres, but you never know.
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

You are very brave l wish all the best luck in dealing with them but when the time comes to move one on it will be heartbreak hotel!
janny68158

Post by janny68158 »

The bounty hunter metal detector really the good device to use,you can get more details at detectorall com
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

How do so many of these weird comments/spam end up in here? I do not think I have seen any of these in another forum I visit. I wonder if they just have more administrators that constantly view the new messages and delete them?
Mary
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

:oops: Sorry, I originally came to say congratulations! Someone I know used to breed these birds and she loved them dearly. She stopped only because she wanted to limit the work load so that she and her husband could raise their own children.

Mary
Mary