It Has Begun!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

AlphaWolf

It Has Begun!

Post by AlphaWolf »

Guys, Aero is officially moulting. I'am soooo happy and worried at the same time. Worried that if he panics to burst a blood feather. At least he will get his flights!! Then i have a winged beauty. WOHOOOOO!
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
zentoucan

Re: It Has Begun!

Post by zentoucan »

Why would he panic?
also can you please explain this sentence as I don't understand the need to panic
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

Aero is not tame yet and is extremely afraid of people. So when changing food or water there are times when he does panic. We are working on that but progress is slow at the mean time. Don't you ever panic if you bird becomes ill, panic over them having deficiency. I have already panicked a lot for my aeronaut. So yeah, parrots+inexperienced parront= PANIC!!! :D

AlphaWolf
shonnaboyd

Post by shonnaboyd »

=) have confidence in what you are doing and your bird will follow the example you make, they know when your scared, or have axiety, go in strong and stay strong even if they are biting at you

try feeling through the cage bars before changing food/water, give the bird a treat to distract them from your scary human hands coming into the cage. getting him used to human hands if untame, is hard, but you can get there with dedication