This is SOO true!!!!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

SunniDai

This is SOO true!!!!

Post by SunniDai »

I KNOW most of us can relate to this one! ;)

~Dana

sheyd

Re: This is SOO true!!!!

Post by sheyd »

that doesn't work like that here.... one of ours flys up and into the bowl lol
warbuckle

Post by warbuckle »

Hello

mine just crawls up the arm holding the bowl

:)
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Yeah, the other day my boyfriend gave up trying to keep the bowl of apple and pomegranate away from Fats. He got a pomegranate and shook it... on the wall, on his feathers, on my boyfriend's glasses...
warbuckle

Post by warbuckle »

LMAO

Mine uses me as a beak cleaner

Will
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

that image is hilarious

whereas if i held my bowl away he would just fly to it.. the principle is the same.. i'm constantly having to shoo him away from my plate.... and once in a while i give up and set him a helping on the side just to keep things simple for me.....

btw i feed him basically the same stuff I eat on his own plate on top of his cage but he's more concerned about my plate usually
warbuckle

Post by warbuckle »

lol

They own us, Ringer is like having a hyperactive 8 year old.............:), and he loves pens........

regards
Will
AJPeter

Post by AJPeter »

Thanks for the cartoons they are great, my bird uses me as a pipe cleaner, l have to spoon feed her while she sits on her door over looking my shoulder, she does not like my food too hot so l have to blow on it before she will eat it. She does like her own bowl of cooked food the same as mine but she will only eat from her bowl when she thinks there is nothing tasty left on my plate.
AJPeter
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

AJPeter wrote: She does like her own bowl of cooked food the same as mine but she will only eat from her bowl when she thinks there is nothing tasty left on my plate.
AJPeter

I think my bird has not eaten from his own food bowl in a week or two

apparently he sleeps all day while i'm at work.. then when i come home it's play time and he scores a few peanuts... after that it's supper time and he gets people food...

I just think it's interesting that he seems to be giving up on 'bird' food. I even gave a bowl full of seed which i do only once or twice a month and he ignores that... he's hell-bent on eating my food
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

I just discovered that eating cereal with one bird is no problems... compared to when you have 3 that want some! I'm so glad number 4 stayed on the play stand.
Sapphire was after the spoon and wouldn't eat the cereal, but that didn't stop her landing in the middle of the bowl!
Donovan

Post by Donovan »

lol, that's awesome

reminds me of several months ago when my bird hopped into my mashed potatoes.
SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Sunni likes to run her beak as messily through mashed potatoes, oatmeal, anything warm and squishy. Then she crawls up on my shoulder and wipes her beak off on my shirt, my neck, my hair, my ears. I've even attempted to fix a little plate for her. Nope. She's not having it. Gotta eat from my plate! She's a joy lol.
Dana
~Dana

SunniDai

Post by SunniDai »

Oh, and I found this on birdtricks.com (great site, by the way), and thought you all could relate to this as well :)
Dana
"Ingredients:
Turkey stuffing, Sweet potatoes, Mashed potatoes, Gravy, Green beans, Cranberry Sauce, Hot rolls and butter, Relish tray, Pumpkin pie with whipped cream, Hot coffee
Instructions:
Get up early in the morning and have a cup of coffee. It’s going to be a long day, so place your Parrot on a perch nearby to keep you company while you prepare the meal.
Remove Parrot from kitchen counter and return him to perch.
Prepare stuffing, and remove Parrot from edge of stuffing bowl and return him to perch.
Stuff turkey and place it in the roasting pan, and remove Parrot from edge of pan and return him to perch.
Have another cup of coffee to steady your nerves.
Remove Parrot’s head from turkey cavity and return him to perch.
Re-stuff the turkey.
Prepare relish tray, and remember to make twice as much so that you’ll have a regular size serving after the Parrot has eaten his fill.
Prepare cranberry sauce, discard berries accidentally flung to the floor by Parrot.
Peel potatoes remove Parrot from edge of potato bowl and return him to perch.
Arrange sweet potatoes in a pan and cover with brown sugar and mini-marshmallows.
Remove Parrot from edge of pan and return him to perch.
Replace missing marshmallows.
Brew another pot of coffee. While it is brewing, clean up and replace the torn filter.
Pry coffee bean from Parrot beak. Have another cup of coffee.
Remove Parrot from kitchen counter and return him to perch
When it is time to serve the meal:
Place roasted turkey on a large platter, and cover beak marks with strategically placed sprigs of parsley.
Put mashed potatoes into serving bowl, re-whip at last minute to conceal beak marks and claw prints.
Place pan of sweet potatoes on sideboard, forget presentation as there’s no way to hide the areas of missing marshmallows.
Put rolls in decorative basket, remove Parrot from side of basket and return him to perch.
Remove beaked rolls, serve what’s left.
Set a stick of butter out on the counter to soften. think better and return it to the refrigerator.
Wipe down counter to remove mashed potato claw tracks.
Cut the pie into serving slices.
Wipe whipped cream off Parrot’s beak and place large dollops of remaining whipped cream on pie slices.
Whole slices are then served to guests, beaked-out portions should be reserved for hosts and hostesses.
Place Parrot inside cage and lock the door.
Sit down to a nice relaxing dinner with your family – accompanied by plaintive cries of “WANT DINNER!” from the other room
I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving with their families and birds!"
~Dana