Lunch date with Miss Gracie

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

pattiB

Lunch date with Miss Gracie

Post by pattiB »

I have to say, preparing Gracies lunches are so much fun! I don't do this everyday of course but I wanted to share our lovely lunch date we had. :D
A beautiful Collard leaf, her vegis, grains and cereals, gnocchi sprinkled with ground pellet. Wrapped up for her Gracefulness! She was quite intrigued!
Attachments
phpl6EZZMPM.jpg
phpzi9zCoPM.jpg
phpGv3tAvPM.jpg
phpSZCaVaPM.jpg
InTheAir

Re: Lunch date with Miss Gracie

Post by InTheAir »

Yum! Can you make me lunch tomorrow? Gracie is a lucky little bird!
What's the dark patch on her beak? I'm looking from my phone, so I can't tell if it's a reflection.
pattiB

Post by pattiB »

I'd love to make you lunch tomorrow! Are you in Texas???? :D I got to looking at other photos I've taken of Gracie and I think the dark look on her beak is just something my camera makes happen. In one pic where she's looking straight at the camera both sides look dark. I hope that's it! I'd hope nothing is wrong with her beak :(
pattiB

Post by pattiB »

Here's another pic where her other side looks dark. OMGosh! I can't wait till morning to see if her beak is dark on both sides now. sigh...
Attachments
phpfx4ACePM.jpg
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Drat, texas is a bit too far from Australia to make it by lunchtime tomorrow. :wink:
I hope it's just a trick of the camera lighting. She is such a little cutey-pie btw.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

She looks to be molting...the dark spots may be the beginning of her shedding the outer layer. How much direct sun is she getting? If you have a travel cage, let her have an hour or so in the garden in the sun :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

pattiB

Post by pattiB »

Skye, we have another cage we could do that BUT she hasn't yet become familiar with going outside yet. Do you think this would upset her? She is all over most of our living area in the house. We'd love to let her do that though! She is dropping a few feathers now. She will be 6 months old on Nov. 28 so we are getting close. I wonder if I should invest in one of the lights? What are your thoughts on that. Her cage is in indirect sunlight right now.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Those bulbs are great for winter, and for people who live in low light areas, ie Seattle or Alaska. But why spend money, when Mother Nature is the best medicine :D indirect sunlight through a window unfortunately blocks the essential vitamins they need. But a full spectrum bulb for the winter months never hurts. I think she will be fine outside. Give her a few days to get used to going in and out of her travel cage and as soon as she smells that fresh air she will forget all about her fears. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D