SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

pattiB

SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Post by pattiB »

Gracie finally stepped up onto my finger! ON HER OWN! I'm soooooooo happy! It took about 20min. First she came to "test" my finger out. Then again, then one foot on! Then again! Then finally she stepped up! I had food as a lure and she was happy happy happy to even stay on my finger for sometime enjoying her bowl of vegis! Yay! delighted! happy happy! joy joy! yayayayayayayay!!!!! Man I've been waiting for this little event! WHEW!
AlphaWolf

Re: SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Post by AlphaWolf »

OMG, you must be feeling super happy now. I just got my bird 3 days ago, a beautiful green IRN. Just out of curiosity, which color morph is Gracie and how old is she. Oh, and how long did it take you in total to get her to step up? Cant wait to experience the same thing. I'am guessing it will be a memory to remeber. :D :)
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
pattiB

Post by pattiB »

AlphaWolf wrote:OMG, you must be feeling super happy now. I just got my bird 3 days ago, a beautiful green IRN. Just out of curiosity, which color morph is Gracie and how old is she. Oh, and how long did it take you in total to get her to step up? Cant wait to experience the same thing. I'am guessing it will be a memory to remeber. :D :)

We've had her 12 days now. It's been pretty good progress. She is blue and 14 weeks old now. She was hand raised. I've been posting a few questions about the "stepping up". The breeder we got her from wanted us to continue the step up. Forcing her to do it. We really wanted to go the other route. Especially after reading and getting advice from everyone here. It's been so so hard just wanting her to do it! And I want to just hold her so badly and scratch her little head. But we are just remaining patient. Today is a big day! WOOT! I know we need to keep it up. She'll probably have to be ok with it again and again. But for now, yay. SHE DID IT! Not me.
Attachments
IMG_0509.jpg
IMG_0509.jpg (39.13 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
Madhuri

Post by Madhuri »

Wauw she is adorable. Gratulation. Its the right way you chose to let her do it in her own time and pace. Good luck with her. :D
MissK

Post by MissK »

Congratulations Patti. I remember making a similar post. Very exciting time! :D
-MissK
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

I'am so happy for you. Cant wait for the day when I will make a similar post. :wink: Gracie looks sooooo beautiful and cute!!! No wonder why you wanted to scratch her lovely head. And thank you for the pics, keep them coming :). I which Gracie could send a message to Aero/Rascal/Jade to persuade that I wont hurt her lol. Good job and good luck. Plz keep us updated Btw love the perch.
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

pattiB wrote:SHE DID IT! Not me.
I'm sorry Patti - you must accept some of the credit. She may have done the stepping up but you had the patience to persevere and not push her too quickly. I'm proud of both of you!

Ellie.
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Congratulations are in order for both of you Patti :!: :mrgreen:
Just takin a break !

pattiB

Post by pattiB »

ellieelectrons wrote:
pattiB wrote:SHE DID IT! Not me.
I'm sorry Patti - you must accept some of the credit. She may have done the stepping up but you had the patience to persevere and not push her too quickly. I'm proud of both of you!

Ellie.
Never thought of it that way at all! lol. Thanks. I guess it has a lot to do with us too. :D Today it was about 5 minutes before she decided to step up and allow me to hold her. Tomorrow??? hopefully even sooner! We LOVE her so much!!!!!! My hubby is doing so well too! He lived 20 years with a cockatiel that was NOT a man person bird. Because he didn't work the bird the correct way. And the bird remembered!
WOW, what a difference 26 years make! He's doing amazing with Gracie! Listening to my lead on how to work with Gracie. I'm so proud of my sweet hubby. And she REALLY seems to love him back. I can tell she is stealing his heart...He's a "tough" guy. you know. The kind that would
N E V E R admit to being such a sweetheart around a bird in training. lol...That's my man. of 32 years. (37 if you include dating)
Tomorrow I head out of town for a night. Hubby is going to take care of "the Zoo"...around here. Blessed.