urgent help please

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Watson

urgent help please

Post by Watson »

I have IRN about 7 weeks old. When I bought him they told me he could be fed twice a day which I thought was too little, I have had an IRN before. For the last 2 weeks I fed him 3 x day and all went well. Monday I started him on 2 feeds a day. All went well until this afternoon when I found him what looked like sour crop. He was limp, making little noises, hardly himself, and on the brink of death. he was so cold. I did only what came to mind and put a tube down his throat and sucked up what was in there with my mouth. I then put the tube back and gave him a little warm water. Over the next hour the crop with water disappeared and he was lively again, not totally but making his usual noises, and squaking. He was even walking up and down my chest under my shirt. He then got so lively he was asking for food again, like he normally does.. I gave him some very diluted formula, not even half of what he gets. He is now sitting on a hot water bottle, he has gone very quiet. His eyes are open and he is really stiff. Every now and again he opens he eyes and shifts positions. I cannot take him to the vet, of all days this would be the day my sister has my car. I don't know if he is really tired, or I am losing him..... Is there anything else I can do for him??
MissK

Re: urgent help please

Post by MissK »

Hi. Phone the vet, phone the people who sold you the bird, ask your neighbor or a friend to drive you to the vet. I hope your bird is still with you, since I see this is yesterday's post.
-MissK