Reduced Food intake

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Desai

Reduced Food intake

Post by Desai »

Dear Friends.

During my recent vacation, I left my RiSi with a friend of mine. While coming back he recognized me at once and was soo happy to see me. But I noticed that his food intake is reduced considerably.

What can be the reason.. Please help me.. I am worried much.

Desai
MissK

Re: Reduced Food intake

Post by MissK »

You gave no details, but had your bird been regurgitating? I had a lot of experience with this, and when my bird finally stopped, it looked as though he had stopped eating completely. But he had not - simply wasn't wasting all that food elsewhere.

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Changes to a birds daily habits such as living space, routines, even molting season can cause eating habit changes. Recently when I was away on a holiday for three days, my bird all but stopped eating while I was away. When I came home he resumed eating but it took him a few days to get back to what his normal intake had been. Give him a few days. If he's eating and drinking and seems content I wouldn't worry too much about the amount. If he seems lethargic or sleepy or puffed up, I would take him to the vet. Hope that helps :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Desai

Post by Desai »

Thank you guys. He is improving and started eating. He is otherwise ok. I was scared. But god bless he is ok.
itzik

Post by itzik »

Good to hear he's okay