Human of choice

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

KiwiMangoMama

Human of choice

Post by KiwiMangoMama »

I have often heard that birds will pick a human in the house to be more attached to...I have never experienced this before though, often our birds would like both my husband and I...that is until we got Kiwi! He is definitely a Mommy's bird <3

I just wanted to share some of the greatness that is Kiwi, suppose you could call it bragging, :D

I sing to him every morning and evening, sort of like a good morning and good night sound off. He has started to try and sing along! Not bad considering I have had him almost a week :) This morning he managed to steal my earring right out of my ear...haha..he always goes for my rings, but cannot get them off...he was pretty quick about thieving my earring though *note to self: remove earrings when I play with Kiwi!*.

I offer him an assortment of fresh fruits & veggies everyday...and he is already very particular about which ones he likes most: Apples, Cherries (perhaps his favorite fruit), beets, carrots, spinach and kale. He is not too hip on the idea of pears yet though, guess he just does not really like the taste of them!

For a bird that is only a few months old (hatched on June 5) he has a big personality! He already gives kisses, and he loves to snuggle up and watch the computer or the television with me. This is my first IRN but already I can tell that this is the bird for me, I have never had a bird that seemed like such a perfect match to me as Kiwi does!

Sorry for the post that seems all over the place, I am just loving my little guy and have to brag to somebody (my husband can only take so much continuous bragging! Lol).
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” - Mahatma Gandhi
MissK

Re: Human of choice

Post by MissK »

That's fantastic - congratulations~

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Re: Human of choice

Post by Skyes_crew »

That's awesome!! :D we all come her to talk bird lol. Talk and brag away :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D