What Parrots Have Done to my Life

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

StarbuckNic

What Parrots Have Done to my Life

Post by StarbuckNic »

Apart from cage scrubbing, daily paper changing, and cleaning melon off the walls I have noticed some other significant changes in my life since I became a flock:

- I now have a subscription to the local newspaper, and never knew how much good stuff was in there (like coupons and local events)!

- I cook healthy meals at home now instead of eating out. Parrots need fresh food, so I might as well cook for myself if I am going to cook for them! It is a lot of fun sharing a healthy meal. The result is a much prettier food budget, and I feel healthier too!

- Got rid of those non-stick pans, which it turns out are also very bad for me not just my birds.

- I have learned a whole new level of patience and understanding. An untamed IRN teaches his human A LOT of patience!

- I am never alone now. With a Fiancee that is a pilot I had many lonely nights and weekends. We couldn't get a cat or dog because of his allergies. That is how I found the glory of Parrots! Now when I feel lonely I have good company.

- It is impossible to stay sad with parrots. If you know what you are doing a sad day can easily be improved with a little time with your birds.

I just wanted to share these things because too often you hear about the work in detail. I hope all the flocks out there are having a great weekend!

~Cheers!
Nicole :D
Skyes_crew

Re: What Parrots Have Done to my Life

Post by Skyes_crew »

Yup...that about sums it up :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Great post, so true. :D
Melika

Post by Melika »

It's always good to think about the good things in life. :) Thanks for the reminder!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
MissK

Post by MissK »

I enjoy the excuse to eat more fruit, and that's swell. I find some of my greatest peace in the early evening, as the flock is having the last play and snack of the day. However, the best thing birds have done for me is ensure that when I am having too hard a morning to get out of bed, I do it anyway.

-MissK
-MissK
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I second that MissK. There are definitely days I would love nothing more than to hide from the rest of the world. But I could never sacrifice my birds needs or comfort. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Melika

Post by Melika »

MissK wrote:I enjoy the excuse to eat more fruit, and that's swell. I find some of my greatest peace in the early evening, as the flock is having the last play and snack of the day. However, the best thing birds have done for me is ensure that when I am having too hard a morning to get out of bed, I do it anyway.

-MissK
I do all my morning birdy stuff as part of my nightly routine now- so I can sleep in at will. ;) Plus Hane has never been one to wake me up, and I don't want him to start! Just because my life has more of a routine doesn't mean I want the help. XD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay