RiSi temporarily at my friend's home

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Desai

RiSi temporarily at my friend's home

Post by Desai »

I am travelling for my 15 days vacation and as such I shifted my RiSi to my friend's home. He was so much upset and cried loudly. I too cannot stop tear running out. The whole night I could not sleep. I cannot forget his sad look and cry.

Today morning I asked my friend and he told me that he was crying and was not ready to look at him. But later on he ate something.

One should not have pet unless have a strong heart.

Desai
InTheAir

Re: RiSi temporarily at my friend's home

Post by InTheAir »

Hmm
I think it helps to get the bird used to the person who is going to look after them.
Nila didn't mind staying with my boyfriends mum, she is very good at playing fetch. He likes her and always makes her play fetch. He didn't even seem to mind that she didn't let him out to fly for the whole weekend, she still played fetch. He got bored and made her play fetch with his food dishes. He didn't seem very excited to see us when we picked him up. He made us play fetch when he got home.
:mrgreen:
Skyes_crew

Re: RiSi temporarily at my friend's home

Post by Skyes_crew »

It's been a week...I'm still playing fetch :mrgreen: oh and thank Nila for the pellet soup idea.

Desai, your bird will be ok. But next time have him spend time with your friend a few days before you leave. My birds stayed with my husband, in their home, in their cages, and still were sad. It's best to ease them into change.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D