FaceBook breeder name n shame

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Fidgit_Green

FaceBook breeder name n shame

Post by Fidgit_Green »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Indian-Ri ... ref=stream

i have just started this page on face book where people can come and tell everyone of a breeder that they think should not be aloud to be a breeder because of neglect, recklessness, dishonesty or purely not doing what they should to care for their birds.

people can also use it to recommend good breeders or even ask people if they know if the breeder they have in mind is any good or if there are any good breeders in their area.

its not much, but hopefully it can be a start to putting bad breeders out of business.

this is a site for all the people who love IRNs, so i would like to hear what you think and what i could do to make things better.
all ideas are welcome.

also there are a few admin positions with the page that i can assign a couple people to that can help me out with the page so if you are interested in that then let me know and ill see if its available.
i have a couple of people in mind if they are interested.

so let me know what you all think and i hope that this page may at least start to help

Cheers
Paul
Fidgit_Green

Re: FaceBook breeder name n shame

Post by Fidgit_Green »

you make a very good point, a point that i have given some thought to.

it is possible that a good breeder could get a bad rap from one person who had a bad experience.
so that is why i would like a couple of experienced people that will understand whether an experience a person has is due to a bad breeder or due to bad luck.

also if i person shames a breeder i would try to get others to confirm whether that breeder is a bad breeder or if it is just one persons experience.

try to get a certain number of conformations before a breeder is published as a bad breeder.

it is reasons exactly like this that i am wanting some input from others and also some experienced owners to help with the admin of the page.

Cheers
Paul
Dean0

Post by Dean0 »

Good idea but could turn into a bashing site. I really do like the thought of a recommended breeder page though.
Just another bird brain
Jayjess2013

Post by Jayjess2013 »

Hi paul, sadly I don't have FB- but the lady I got my hen from never let me see her aviary and the bird has several issues. Her name is Solvey and lives in Canberra- she does not even let buyers have one look at her birds and cages purchases so you can leave right away :(
Jay, jess and 4 mischevious Budgerigars