I'm just bobbing into say hello.

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

mickpmc

I'm just bobbing into say hello.

Post by mickpmc »

I haven't been active on this forums for a long time, but I'll give you guys an update on my Indian Ringneck. Some of you may remember me, but some will not. When I first was on the forums three years ago, I was looking to buy an Indian Ringneck. You guys here in the forums helped pick what cage to get, what toys and even helped me with a name for he bird; his name is Milo.

Milo use to eat fruit, but has a liking for sunflower seeds. He enjoys getting attention and talking in the mirror. He's in need of some new toys, which I'll be buying some soon. Just in the new year, I bought a Canon 600D and here is a photo of Milo, he is now two years old and is almost finished his moulting. You can see his new layer of feathers coming through - and can even see the black and red ring appearing around his neck. First when I saw him moult, I wasn't sure if it was lice or him moulting but someone on the fourms said that they moult just around when they are two years of age - and in warmer seasons, and it's summer right now in Australia.

He doesn't really like the camera as he tries to attack it and bite the lens - of course I move away when he does that. I'm not teasing him with the camera.. because I know he just wants attention and he knows it! He's a lovely bird and I hope he stays healthy for the many years ahead! Thanks to the forums! :wink:

---

Enjoy the following pictures I took today!

Milo...Boy...Buddy
ellieelectrons

Re: I'm just bobbing into say hello.

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Mick

Thanks for the update. I can't believe it's been two years since you got Milo!

Looks like your boy has some lovely new feathers growing through.

Glad to hear you are taking good care of him.

Ellie.
MissK

Re: I'm just bobbing into say hello.

Post by MissK »

Great photos! That flower is stunning. Congratulations on your shaggy molting bird! He looks so silly like that. :P

-MissK
-MissK