My Blue Lacewing

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Deezee

My Blue Lacewing

Post by Deezee »

Hi All,

In August of 2010 a Blue Lacewing IRN showed up at my back door, I caught her and put up a few posters in the aria. No one ever called, what a blessing! She (well I thought it was a she) is such a pleasure to have around, talks and whistles all day and walks around the house annoying the dogs, 'kissing' (she makes a kissing noise) my Basset Turner on the nose then shaking her head. Well I noticed a few weeks ago that she is getting a dark ring around her neck, this was after a malt. Now when I got her I thought she was about 2 years old, I read that the male gets the ring at two, is this so? She was fully grown when she came knocking.
If I think about it she/he has been acting like a male, attacking my boyfriends feet and biting him. But then I read that wether it's male or female it doesn't matter and that if a parrot doesn't like you, it just doesn't.
Her name is Twiggy, and she can say it (well a squeak that sounds like it anyway), will she/he be fine if I give him a boy name, will he respond to and learn this new name?
Also, if the IRN gets a ring it is always male correct?

Thank you!
:D
mattcoffs

Re: My Blue Lacewing

Post by mattcoffs »

I think Twiggy is fine for a boy's name aswell :)

It's a cool name!
Deezee

Re: My Blue Lacewing

Post by Deezee »

Thanks, I named her/him Twiggy cause when I found her/him she/he was chewing on a twig. :D