weaning my baby lutino IRN

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

birdlady808

weaning my baby lutino IRN

Post by birdlady808 »

Anyone who can help me out. I have ababy that is not accepting his syringe with formula and is not eating soft food i offer from my finger.
Jay2011

Re: weaning my baby lutino IRN

Post by Jay2011 »

Put 2 fingers around the neck and syringe it in hes mouth baby birds have to be force fed it may sound horrible but it is what has to be done if he is not eating
bec

Post by bec »

jay is right most irn bubs do need a bit offorce feeding
however ive had several bubs that never took to the syringe but took to the hand rearing spoon like ducks to water if you cant buy one try bending a teaspoon it works just as well
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

How old is the baby?
Countrybirdsaviary

Post by Countrybirdsaviary »

birdlady808 wrote:Anyone who can help me out. I have ababy that is not accepting his syringe with formula and is not eating soft food i offer from my finger.
how old is this baby, have you asked the breeder? I don't like to sell unweaned babies, its too risky, i wait it out, even if it takes alittle longer than usual, don't heat up the formula over 110F it will give your baby crop burn, mix it to look like catchup, sometimes when its too cold they refuse to eat it also Hope this helps

www. CountryBirdsAviary.com
Taking care of God's creation in every way.