Petco..

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Maniiacy

Petco..

Post by Maniiacy »

Argh. This is more of a rant than anything. I went to Petco today to look around and nearly threw a fit. They had a beautiful sun conure stuck in a glass cage (that was half the size a bird like that should have been in), with the only thing to entertain him being one toy and passer-by's. The poor thing looked like he was about to go insane, and with the way he was acting, you could tell the only attention he got was from people looking at him. And the asking price? $600. I wish I could have bought him, but I can not afford that currently. It irritates me to no end that stores can do that to any animal.

Long story short, I refuse to shop at any of the larger pet stores anymore. And I keep trying to think of ways I can raise some money and buy the poor baby. ><
Jay2011

Re: Petco..

Post by Jay2011 »

why not report them? or just open up the cage put him up your t-shirt and off you go with him
Azure

Post by Azure »

Jay2011 wrote:or just open up the cage put him up your t-shirt and off you go with him
:D :) :o :shock: :oops: :P :lol: :D :mrgreen:
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
hootielou

Post by hootielou »

Could you set up a web address to take donations? Pets Mart in Colorado does the same thing with large birds. Makes me angry everytime I see them :cry: