Clucking?

Moderator: Mods

sheyd

Clucking?

Post by sheyd »

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Yep, I'm pretty convinced that he's clucking...done the exact same thing three times now. :(
He has also done the male display to Kyria's? Latino avatar.

I'm guessing the reason why some say that they don't start displaying until eight months + is perhaps the amateurs wouldn't know what was sexual behaviour and what wasn't...Chocobo is 17 weeks old.

Could someone move this please? I think it's in the wrong section..still trying to figure out where things should go..sorry.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

A couple of my babies make a noise similar to that.

Maybe they are just experimenting with all the different noises they can make lol :)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

aww it sounds like he/she is trying to talk. The clucking thing sounds like the noise Spit makes when he copies my kisses :D
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

i think he sounds like he is kissing
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

awww .. your chocobo has good taste :wink:

Its ever so hard to tell, it sounds like baby noises to me. 17 weeks is very young to display much at all yet, still just a baby and sooooo cute. Although at the same time my pickle did display a male style of behaviour very early, which then wasn't seen again until alot later (he has just got his full ring in at just over 24 months old)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

If we hadn't of gotten him DNA'd then I'd still be thinking he's a girl!
He's just over one week shy of seven months now.
His newest behaviour is trying to regurgitate (sounds, head bobbing-everything but), he does a huge heart shape wing spread to any IRN on this forum and Youtube (but not any other species of parrot/parakeet) and will occasionally still make the clucky sounds (as seen in vid) while being scratched.