My IRN Talking

Moderator: Mods

greeny

My IRN Talking

Post by greeny »

This is my bird Tajj. He is such a sweet guy. I have had him since he was a fledgling, more than 10 years now. He loves to talk and he also taught my 3 yo IRN to talk too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY2DSCWLFmk
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

omg ! he is adorable. That is the best convo between a parrot and person I have ever seen, what a good boy. :D Thank you so much for sharing that.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ok that is the most adorable thing ever! What a sweet little voice...

More please!

Dani
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

OMG that was awsome, cant wait for Amazon to start talking.
Adam and Dude
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Oh my gosh, I've been coming back to watch your vid for a lil while. Your here now! Tajj is so cute! Love your other vid too of him watching himself on youtube! :lol:.. Your funny! Wee Weee!

(I was the one that asked if Tajj was an african, just that dark beak got me. Don't know what I was thinking) :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
greeny

Post by greeny »

Oh hi Lauren! Ever since you asked me if he is an African I have been wondering the same thing. I bought him at a bird mart and they said he was an IRN, but they could be wrong cause it was a pretty shady looking scene. I could post some other photos and maybe you could get a better idea.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh we'd love to see some pics! :D Don't take my word for it. It could of just been the lighting on his beak. I'm not sure. :? He is the cutest lil guy. Love his voice!
greeny

Post by greeny »

What do you think? Can you tell from these photos? Indian? He is photographed in some pics along with my other male IRN who is an olive color. Tajj is the lighter colored bird.

These photos are some months back when he was having a molt so he looks a little messy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8779279@N0 ... otostream/
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh my! He is one gorgeous boy! He does have a dark beak and his ring is thick! Or am I seeing things? I'm confused! Anyone else?

Here you can see the difference between the different species..
Go to species then ringnecked..
http://home.tiscali.nl/psittaculaworld/PsittaculaWorld.htm

See what I mean about the ring and beak? :shock:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Yep I see what you mean, smaller darker beak and the ring under the beak seems to begin alot higher on the side of the beak. But then so does the blue fellow that graces the top of this board.

His beak does look smaller and darker though
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Phew, I thought I was seeing things. Either way, he is very handsome! I'd be very interested to know what species he is if anyone can tell. I don't know of anyone with an african. :?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok... now my heart has melted into a puddle on the floor! Daggone it... Im gonna need that!

Precious baby! 10 yrs old? He is the oldest bird we have... no?
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Just looked at the age poll.. in the past there has been a few older birds (I mean oldest, 10 -15 years.. they can live for up to 30 years though!). But recent people here, he could be the oldest. :wink:
greeny

Post by greeny »

Taking a very close look at that chart you posted I think Tajj could be African. I notice he has a longer tail then my other IRN too. The differences are very subtle. It is also possible that Tajj could be and "Indican", half/IRN half African. It is hard to say.

What an odd thing if he is an African! I got him at a random bird mart from a dealer who had a ton of birds and he did not look very good at the time. I negotiated a lower price cause he looked bad! I knew nothing about birds and took him cause he was cheaper.

I hope he lives a long time! He is a wonderful bird. I only just finally switched him off eating seeds and to pellets. He likes the Harrison Organic ones. Fortunately he's always been a big fruit and veggie eater.

If you look at the photos I posted you can see a picture of a blue IRN in the series. That is the bird I just got. Look how poor he looks! That was the first day and he was a mean biter too. He looks so much better already and is quite tame. I was going to rehome him b/c he hates my others, but now I think I can manage him.
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

that is sooo funny i nearly fell off my chair laughing lol
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Nope that boy is full African Ringneck and is stunning! Wow...love that dark beak they have...they look a bit cheekier than IRNs do :D

Dani
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Oh that's hilarious!! What a clever boy!
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Its horrid the condition of some birds from dodgy breeders or markets. This is how we brought home our Jordan. He was not weaned correctly and had a real wing chop instead of a wing clip, I think the guy thought he was running some cruel poultry farm or something.

Today Jordan is stunning, extremely clever, and one very happy spoilt bird.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Poor lil Jordy! Thats terrible. His beak was very white aswell. :( So glad he has a nice mummy to look after him now! :wink:
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

yep .. he was pretty unhealthy. The white beak really scared me, but it didn't take long with good fresh foods to bring that right up to a nice red. The feathers on the other hand took way longer, he was clumbsy too coz he was never allowed to fly, so never learnt properly how to land.

If you looked at him now, so healthy and yellow, bright red beak, talking, run of the house, kisses and fun, playing and being naughty and his ability to very accurately swoop past and nip something from between your fingers, or to be called from another room and navigate his way into that room and land perfectly on your outstretched finger, you would never know he had problems even extending his wings when he was young.

:D

Sorry to jump in on the thread this way, I know this isn't the jordy story but I am so damn in love with this boy, even if he is gettin really ornery during breeding season.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

greeny

Post by greeny »

Poor little thing - thank God you rescued him! He looked utterly forlorn.

It is terrible what some breeders do to the birds. My new one looks twice as good now, but he/she will need a good molt to really look nice.
laine

Post by laine »

OMG that was awsome to see and hear. Thanks for sharing
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Cant get into your video anymore:(, Amazon and i loved watching it
Sharlene and Amazon