Jibby trys Bath with Yoda

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Jibby trys Bath with Yoda

Post by Lauren »

Just took these. Sorry there is no sound and some are dark. Camera with sound on my shopping list! :lol:

I don't know why he bashes his beak on the ground. :roll:

I just vacuumed and they both tried to jump in the water. Watch Jibby come back and try to have a bath. He eventually got one! hehe.

Jibby sat there for a long time all puffed up and ready for bath. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Holy cow...that Gibby is stunning! Wow...I am impressed...always did love that ring on a ringie...

Too funny how much he loves that bell

Dani
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanks, hes my weird birdy. :wink: They both make me laugh.

He stands on his bell like he did in the second vid for hours talking to his bell and kissing it. Strange he is!

Any ideas on why he bashes his head on the floor? Kinda looks like it would hurt. Hes done it for years. Hmm.. maybe thats whats wrong with him.

Pity there is no sound, its much more funny with sound. He makes these 'huh.. huh' sounds that are so funny.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

The head bashing is probably a male behaviour...claiming that "This IS mine...and don't you forget it" kinda thing...

Dani
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

When he was a bub, someone started tapping to get his attention and I thought maybe he picked it up from the tapping. But no ones done that in years. It could just be a male possessive thing. Ive just never heard of it before. :? Thanx :wink:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

In some species of parrots tapping can also be a signal to potiental mates...a 'showing off' behaviour...crazy fids huh?

Dani
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

What a little stinker Jibby is. Lol. LOVE him though! I wished mine would bathe together :(
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Thats so cute, my son was watching with me and thinks jibby looks like a head banging rock star .. lol .. but seriously it is a male thing, either banging the ground marking what is his (mine bang my face .. lol), its like, "this is mine" to all the other birds, or he could be practicing to regurgitate and just miss judged the distance to the floor ..lmao .. no seriuosly .. I'm sorry I am in a stupid mood this morning.

Ok.. seriously it is a male dominant action, either attracting the female, marking the territory or starting to regurgitate food. He is showing off that he is "the male". :wink:

Just love watching them bath and isn't it amazing how the females rule the roost , with food and baths and place in the cage. Men should take head of that :wink: . Although with my pair, mickey just adores kai and waits for him to feed her, follows him like a bad smell, she is so love struck with that boy, she takes second fiddle, and he looks after her so well.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Hehe, Jibby is 'the male'. :roll: He loves showing off, especially to the camera. He does seem to 'misjudge' distances sometimes when hes flying. He sometimes swoops me and whacks me in the face with a wing. But then it could be intentional! hehe.
I don't know if Yoda is a female but sure does act like one. Lil bossy boots! I've been sure that Yoda is male lately but of course I have no idea. Just basing on the 'dancing' and the 'dorkiness' that lil boys have at that age. But then Yoda is very bossy towards Jibby and has fat feet. So who knows. I would love a lil girl but then I'd be happy with another boy. :wink:
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I love yoda, his blue color is beautiful, and gibby looks nice too.
Do they enjoy shower? or they prefer bath by themselves?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Jibby used to love coming to the shower with me, but in the last few years he would rather bath himself. He still loves going into the bathroom though. But won't go under the water. :roll:
Yoda seems to bath himself/herself everyday. Where as, Jibby baths himself every couple of days. I think hes getting more lazy every year! :lol:
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Yes but your gibby is a handsome little guy! My lovy would fell in love with gibby if she gets bigger, lol :D
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

wow that is cool, Amazon wont bath like that he likes the bottom of the shower.
Adam and Dude