my baby eating

Moderator: Mods

mavislim

my baby eating

Post by mavislim »

hi all!!
just posting this youtube link of my bird, wanting yo know if you can tell if its male or female since there is a very faint ring but no black appearing as of yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwi6rsl9-oQ

there is another vid of him/her cuddling

thanks for watching
Azure

Re: my baby eating

Post by Azure »

unfortunately females as adults do have the faint ring but i am not good enough to be able to tell the gender of a young bird :(
somebody else may be able to clarrify that a bit but no one can be certain without a DNA sample(99.9% accurate >.> just has to be 0.1% of error) or surgically (cutting him/her open to look for organs)

btw so cute! makes me want to get one of them desperately :P
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

How old is your bird? Can you show us a pic of the front of his/her neck? As far as I can tell from the vid, your bird looks a lot like my blue female (but makes very different noises). I'm not sure if he white ring at the back of the head is as pronounced on our bird though. She's asleep right now so I can't double check.

Ellie.
mavislim

Post by mavislim »

thanks for the replys

well ive had him/her for 15month or so and got h/h from my cousin which he found h/h in his backyard he had mavis for a yr or so most likely h/s is roughly 2+yr mark

i know dna sexing is most accurate form of id but as we all know we tend to get lazy.
yes i he/she is so adorable eating

i will try n post some pics i have just taken

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Looks just like my beautiful Janey so I would say she's a girl.

I love your bird's name. Is the same as my late grandmothers so it reminded me of her and the great influence she has had on my life.

Ellie.
mavislim

Post by mavislim »

hi ellie
thank you for clarifying that for me, i have always leaned towards a female since she has shown me alot affection then the woman in my household, but was hoping for a male since ive seen the faint white ring. ( i know ur thinking sexist bastardo lol)

wow your gandma name was mavis thats very interesting, can i ask what background she was??
since im of Turkish background and the name mavi mean blue :roll: and saying mavis means bluey/bluish
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

You still could be right about Mavis. Janey doesn't have a white ring like that but the light ring at the front is the same.

My grandma was at least third generation Australian with, as I understand it, Prussian/German ancestry. She was a wonderful woman and I miss her.

That's really cool, I didn't know Mavi meant "blue" in Turkish.

Ellie.
ryanmartin

Post by ryanmartin »

nice video.. its really good.. i have a rabbit and now i m planning to have a parrot too.. your video is also good...
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

mavislim wrote:hi ellie
thank you for clarifying that for me, i have always leaned towards a female since she has shown me alot affection then the woman in my household, but was hoping for a male since ive seen the faint white ring. ( i know ur thinking sexist bastardo lol)

wow your gandma name was mavis thats very interesting, can i ask what background she was??
since im of Turkish background and the name mavi mean blue :roll: and saying mavis means bluey/bluish
My thought that it's MALE!