Video of my Lutino IRN Chatting away

Moderator: Mods

QRI05E

Video of my Lutino IRN Chatting away

Post by QRI05E »

Hey Guys,

This is a video of my 10month old Lutino IRN - http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/220/sc9.mp4/

At 1:50 - Kissing noises
At 2:38 - "Hello"
At 3:10 - Kissing noises
At 3:20 - Whistling (so cute)
At 3:40 - Sounds like its trying to say something
At 3:50 - Laughing
At 3:56 - Whistle (picked this up from me)
At 4:04 - Chattering
At 4:18 - Yelling/Screeching
At 4:35 - Typical IRN Calling

Tajj seems to minic noises that sound like 'Hello' and Kissing noises.. He usually is much more vocal and mimics talking sounds rather than words however I think Tajj was little shy of my laptop.

Questions:

1. Do you guys think Tajj will end up talking properly?

2. Do you guys see any behavioral patterns that may suggest Tajj's sex?

Regards,
Sarkis
Jay2011

Re: Video of my Lutino IRN Chatting away

Post by Jay2011 »

sounds to me that at 3:40 hes saying what u doing and yea he is learning to talk so he should get clearer
QRI05E

Post by QRI05E »

Thanks Jay,

I didn't pickup on the "what you doing" at 3:40 :D

I am trying to use positive re-enforcement by offering him a treat each time he tries talking. Also he is most vocal when we are ignoring him or when we are out of the room.

I talk to Tajj daily and he seems to be responding. I can see him slightly moving his beak when I speak as if he is trying to sound out the words.

I'll keep you posted :)

Regards,
Sarkis
Jay2011

Post by Jay2011 »

Hello,

Yea birds do intend to do this and they do it silent alot of the time on there own when no one is looking or is about as they don't want to look stupid so they get practice then one day BANG! they say it just how it should be said.

Yea everytime he says something give him a treat he loves but do not offer this treat to him at all times (like hanging it in the cage) that way he will know he has to work to get the treat so he will do more speech to get a treat so that way should make him get it quicker

Keep us updated on hes progress

Good luck :)
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

Tajj is very pretty. She sounds like a cockatiel. Do you have a teil? Maybe from the breeder or petstore where you got her from.

I just want to mention that Tajj should have more toys, shreddable ones and one to knock around. You should provide her with other perches of a different texture like the rope perches, her feet will get sore and tired standing on the same perch day after day.
Also I think she should have a bigger cage, unless you let her out often, maybe that is why she is pacing back and forth.

Good luck with Tajj and one day she will talk more, just keep repeating the same words at the right time. Say Good morning in the morning and good night at night and He or Hello when you see her and so on.
QRI05E

Post by QRI05E »

Thanks Ringneck

However, what makes you think Tajj is a female? I always felt Tajj was male...

Cheers
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

I just she was female, sorry. He is very handsome.
QRI05E

Post by QRI05E »

That's ok :) I just thought you may have observed some behavioural pattern that suggested Tajj might be female.

Regards.
Sarkis