Ink

Moderator: Mods

Rueae

Ink

Post by Rueae »

Last edited by Rueae on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Briar

Post by ringneck »

Aw, he is so cute! He still looks very much like a baby! Love the music and when he is sleeping in his cage--he looks so relaxed :O) He found such a wonderful home! Nice video! HE sure enjoys that petting :O)

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
Rueae

Post by Rueae »

You think Ink is a boy? .3.
S/he is a baby. Laid April 1st (I don't know the exact hatchdate so, I'm justing saying hatched then. So really 3ish weeks younger than my ticker.)
About when do they start looking like adults? :P Or does that take the full 3ish years?

Ink loves cuddles! Sometimes s/he makes those small clucking noises. Not a lot though...very quiet bird. D: I hope s/he'll get more vocal. I wish to teach speach. .3.

Thank you for watching.
Last edited by Rueae on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

I can't tell as of yet :wink:

But you're off to a wonderful start! But believe me don't let the quietness fool you--it's coming--ohh it's coming--just be prepared :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
Rueae

Post by Rueae »

Oh, that's a great comfort.
Ink woke me up today. (5 mins before my alarm was to go off!) So I think s/he's getting more comfortable.

It's nice to hear (at least, I got this impression) that they're just quieter as youngsters. :3

PythonzEve

Re: Ink

Post by PythonzEve »

I call it "chit chat." Sukha mutters and chit chats to the mirrors, and I was trying to get word association in there as "Chit Chat" but the mirrors are now out of his cage in hopes he looks more to me for socialization.

Ink is so snuggly, just the way I was hoping Sukha will be, but you are lucky to have her so snuggly so soon! I've been looking up taming techniques since before I got Sukha and want to be able to give him scritches and whatnot... He's targeting, stepping up and kissing but I still get chomped on almost daily. :| No blood yet but some good indents. He did behave for me to get a video for him the other day though, I posted it on FB but forgot to put it up here! :P

Ink is definitely beautiful, Delorce told me she looked like a girl? Her beak is lighter with a white-ish tip which says girl, Sukha's beak is a bright read with a black tip and he's already getting a shadow ring so pretty sure he's a boy. I just couldn't bring myself to pluck his feathers in order to find out with DNA sexing and definitely did not want to chop off too much claw, sorry to those who have, I just can't do it!
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown

Rueae

Post by Rueae »

Yeah, Delorce told me she was a girl. I was curious as to how she knew and she told me she just thought she looked like one.
Though, it was more for head shape and whatnot.
The albinos just have lighter beaks, but I think it might actually darken up a bit? Possibly.
The girls do have lighter beak, no? I really think she is a girl (I keep calling her and a her. XD) but I want to know for sure.

I've already pulled some of her feathers out to DNA sex her. Couldn't make her bleed. :P
But, I guess I'm going to have to do it again, because it was so long ago and they want the feathers to be freshly plucked.
She didn't really seem to mind, though she kept trying to bite the tweezers. :P So don't be scared to do so with Sukha.

PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

See but Ink will let you handle her and lay on her back and whatnot. The only touching I do as I've said is him perching, biting, using his beak as a third limb and taking food and treats. I am too scared I'm going to jeopardize what I've already worked for! I got the kit and was hoping they'd allowed molted feathers since I didn't have any other birds but the little leaflet says nope. Poo, I have plenty of those!
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown

mickpmc

Post by mickpmc »

I thought you called her Biar?

Milo...Boy...Buddy
Rueae

Post by Rueae »

PythonzEve: Cover him in a towel to do it. That way he won't associate you or your hands with his feathers being plucked. :O

mickpmc: I renamed her.

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

That was a great video.....saved it to my favs. :)
Rueae

Post by Rueae »

pinkdevil: Thank you so much. :'D