Not been around for a while

Moderator: Mods

ryelle

Not been around for a while

Post by ryelle »

Hey guys.

I keep coming and checking every so often but i haven't posted in a long time - exactly a year - yikes! A lot has changed this past year, it's almost crazy to think of lol. I have new fur-kids, and of course we still have Spit. Spit is still the same and is coming up 3 and a half years old. I can pick him out of the cage and off the majorty of things without a bite anymore (i actually haven't been bitten in quite a long time) but we can't touch him and he runs away if we come close lol. I really don't think he will ever be truely tamed.

I move back into my mums on 6th January '08. Im back at Uni after taking a year out and i am in my first year studying for a degree in Animal Management which i am LOVING! My boyfriend is living here with me, but he was supposed to have moved out months ago and is on the verge of getting kicked out :roll: . My mum isn't happy and he is disrupting my school work with the odd hours he works at night, and there just isn't enough room for all of us. I'm not sure what will be happening, as Spit is "his", so i may be IRN-less soon :( . I am going to have to speak to him because i am pretty much the sole carer for Spit, and he is quite scared of my boyfriend (he still has to use a perch to get him to step up).

Good news - I am going to be an Aunty :D My niece/nephew is due on February the 23rd. 5 days after my 22nd birthday. I think he/she will come early though, because my sister is massive. I haven't seen her since August, but she is coming up for a visit in 5 days :) Its all very exciting

Anyways - After i lost my first rat Harvey in the Summer of 2008 i was only left with one, my old man Sidian. He is still kicking about and is a few months short of his third birthday. I got Sid a friend, 6 week old Patrick. Patrick went a bit hormonally loopy at 6 months old and they were seperated. I sent him in for a neuter to get rid of the aggression. He still isn't ok with Sid, so in September i arranged to pick up two lady friends for him. I am now at 4 rats and an IRN lol. The girls are named Clodagh (clo-dah) and Muirenn (mu-ren, or mu-mu for short), who he loves with all his heart.

Some pics!
Sidian the other day (he is very frail and i don't think he will be around for much longer)

Patrick

Muirenn

Clodagh

They all have really cute personalities and i love them all so much :) Spit disagree's. Patrick has bit his toes twice now and i had to buy some Kwik-Stop. Silly bird loves the blue bars on the rat cage >< Spit is still crazy about his own cage too, and will happily lunge at you if you walk too close. Nobodys is scared of him, and nobody makes a big deal out of it, but he goes on a tangent after and attacks all his toys. No idea what his problem is.

So, yes, we are all still alive and well lol. I hope everyone else is well, and i hope everyone haves a lovely Christmas :)
Bella

Re: Not been around for a while

Post by Bella »

Good to see you still around :D and lovely photos :lol: the new attitions look very cheeky
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
ryelle

Re: Not been around for a while

Post by ryelle »

I have gone from 5 pets to 3 over the space of a few weeks :(
My old man-rat Sid passed away on 27th January :( and my boyfriend moved out and took Spit on the 6th February. I am no longer a bird owner :(