skittles said her first words!

Moderator: Mods

skittles

skittles said her first words!

Post by skittles »

Skittles is trying to talk! We are all so exited! Yesterday I said hello to her, and she said it back! Also, when I am in the kitchen, she hollers to me, because the wall has a cut out in it and she can see me from the family room where her cage is. We have these conversations that are usually one sided. Me talking, her only hollering if I stop talking. BUT...yesterday I did not start the conversation, and she said "cha dun" (I say "what cha doing?" to her ALL the time!)

I am soooo excited! We were told Ringnecks did not start trying to talk until they were one, and Skittles is only about 4 1/2 months old, but after reading stories on here, I decided to start working early! I guess the effort is paying off! (of course, it doesn't matter if she ever talked, but it is cool that she is!)
Skittles and her mommy
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

:D
how exciting :D
My boy Indy is babbling too, i always say "hello baby" and it's getting clearer every time :!:
but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts saying "shut up" as the kids are always saying that to him :lol: :lol:
MJAY
julie

Post by julie »

I told you so :wink: you may find that skittles talks more when no one is around or skittles thinks no one is around.If you have a video camera try setting it up before you go out, they actually practice talking in private and say a lot more stuff before they get confident enough to talk to us.
Mika says shush and shut up but its whispers.
the by himself conversation goes like this
Mika shush, mika shut up, mika helllooo, mika shut up ,mika shush, kiss kiss ect.
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

That is so cute..... I hope my boy talks one day.
I do fear what he may say.....hopefully nothing he hears from my husband. :O. :shock:
Allie