Heartbroken

Moderator: Mods

ryelle

Heartbroken

Post by ryelle »

I hope nobody minds.. because this isnt a fid. I had to get my eldest rat Harvey put to sleep yesterday afternoon and i am devastated and heartbroken. My boyfriends in bed so im having a mini breakdown this morning. I miss my morning cuddles with Harvster already. Hes been sick for about a month with a spinal injury and he lost the use of his back legs. Ive been going through the emotional stress of cleaning his cage everyday and bathing him and having to make soft foods because he couldnt sit up on his back legs to eat properly, and having to go to the vets 7 times - each time preparing myself mentally for them to say it was over.
I sat with him on my own in this tiny vets room for 45 minutes waiting for him to go and its the most painful thing ive ever done in my life. You might think "it's just a rat" because i know peoples views on rats, but i will never in my life find another rat like him.
I hope you dont mind again, but i have some photos and a video i want to post because i want the whole to world to know him. He was in the newspaper a few months ago but i dont have a scan of it on the computer.

the video's on an angle because it was the first vid i ever did. so, sorry.

:( :cry: :(
Bella

Post by Bella »

Awwwwwwwww hunni *big hugs* i know its been soooo hard for you im here if you ever need to chat he is in a good place now pain free
Run free at rainbow bridge little harvey x
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sorry to hear of Harveys passing ryelle.

The pics of him are great. They seem to capture a cheekiness in him. :)

It sounds to me you gave him a good quality of life ...right to the end. You should be proud of that!

Treasure your memories and let your grieving flow. It is never easy to let go of a life.
In time you will heal but never forget.

Sending thoughts your way.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i think i'm ok now (well.. better anyway). ive been finding it hard coming home because i just get instantly upset as soon as i walk in the door. like theres something missin. i dunno. ill never forget my little man. he was the greatest ever, and my mam always said he was spoilt, but i think thats why he was as loving as he was :D

thanks for your kind replies guys
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Good to hear to are feeling just a bit better. :?

I had to have my old kelpie dog put down nearly 2 years ago now, and on the odd occasion I still go outside and almost call him before I remember he is chasing balls in doggie heaven.

8)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i know what you mean Pinkdevil. my dog died 3 or 4 years ago now and every time i go to my mams house and someones left the door open i go running into the street to find him. and you can feel him stood behind the living room door waitin for you to come home sometimes. i might sound ridiculous, but i definately know hes still about and looking after my mam :D i dont feel it as much as i did when he first died but i do occasionally ^^

ya gota love it
nil

Post by nil »

i am sorry for your loss, ryelle :(

i put down my 10yrs dog ( she had canser) the last september
and i still think her often. this day was one of the worst days in my life.
i wish nobody live again such tragic facts.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( Oh no! Im so sorry for your loss. Poor lil Harvey. Rest in peace sweetheart. *big hugs*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year