Away from next week :(

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Away from next week :(

Post by Lauren »

Hello all, Just wanted to say hello to all our newbies and welcome! I havnt been around much here lately as I am in the process of moving, most likely moving in with mum for a couple of weeks before we find a permanent home for us. It will be Yodas first move, Jibby has moved a fair bit, and he knows my mums house well. He also gets so excited about car rides. :wink: I dont know how Yoda will react, I hope he settles.

An update on my birdies.. Yoda has started head bobbing everytime I go near him, (which I'm guessing is an affectionate thing?) He doesnt seem angry or upset when he does this, that why I'm thinking he wants to regurgitate? Usually he does this first thing in the morning after brekky.
I'm trying to discourage this behaviour as I dont want that kind of birdy love but I'm happy Yoda is trusting me more and more. Because when I got Yoda I thought I'd try letting him come to me, I wouldnt force handling him, I would leave it up to him. From being an avary baby, I think Yodas come soo far, apart from my partner being upset with Yodas screaming (I think I've become immune to it), I am soo happy. A year later, he loves preening me, climbing all over me, talking to me, I cant have a shower without him following and has started head bobbing.
Jibby is still Jibby, lol.. hes just like a teddy bear lately, cuddles galore! He seems to be soo happy, he follows Yoda around all day trying to get kisses and when he doesnt get them from Yoda, hes like a velcro bird to me. I can't get him off me! I'm just waiting for that sudden mood change to come! Hes totally lost interest in his bell now, hes more interested in Yoda. :shock:
So thats it, Hopefully next month we should have a new place to live, YAY! Till then, I'll catch ya on the flip side. haha.. :lol:
Last edited by Lauren on Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Donna

Post by Donna »

Do hurry back WE Miss You!! :D

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:wink: Aww thanx Donna. Fingers crossed we get this place we just applied for. I want it so bad. Its an older home, but completely renovated on the inside. Bigger than this little box we live in. If we dont get it, itll be back to looking at more. Soo stressed out right now. Who would think looking for rentals would be so stressful!

I have decided when we move, I'm going to separate the birds for a little while in different rooms, I think Yoda needs some one on one time with me without Jibby as a distraction. I've also noticed Yoda gets jealous when I'm spending time with Jibby and kicks him off me. Inevitable really.. They need their time alone with me but they still need to spend time with each other since they love playing together, just not when playing with Mummy! 3 is a crowd according to Yoda! Its just getting impossible to handle both of them at the same time without Yoda starting a fight. :?
Donna

Post by Donna »

AHH know what ya mean, there is just not enough of me to go around.

I traveled 400 miles round trip Monday to pick up 2 ringnecks from a hording situation. Poor birds look awful the little female lutino is plucked some but the male has a huge scar on his beak from a cockatoo attack. Just going to let them settle a few days then the work starts. So i'll be busy for awhile and the rest of my birds will have their beaks out of joint for a few days. I wanted to take more birds out of that house but I'm only one person and can't save them all. :cry:

Good luck on your house!!

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Martini101

Post by Martini101 »

Hey Lauren, so you have both a female and a male? They're beautiful and sound like a lot of fun! We went through looking for houses (renting) forever and ended up in military housing. It's pretty nice tho. But I do know that its a pain in the neck trying to find the right fit, space, animal, etc. Donna I'm from MI as well, central, north of Lansing in Mecosta. I read you even have birds that'll get let on your doorstep :shock: thats crazy. Your definately quite the person to be able to take on so many hard cases! My new one can be a toughie! :)
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Lauren

Hope you get your lovely new house...

Regarding separating the birds, I wouldn't.. The move will be stressfull enough for them.

Having them out with you one at a time is a great idea. Much more satisfying for all involved.

Two of my birds live in the same cage (Charlie - Sun Conure and Shrek - Quaker). They're getting on really well. They also come out at the same time, and they are an absolute delight. They mostly concentrate on me, but occassionally give each other a kiss...

All the other birds come out individually.
Cheers

Lene
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Donna

Thank you for going through so much trouble to save those poor birds..

You're an angel.
Cheers

Lene
Donna

Post by Donna »

Martini I'm in the Houghton Lake area, I had to go clear down to camden MI. to get the birds. Their doing really great!

Lene Thanks for your support, My husband and I don't think it's any trouble as long as we know our limits. I really felt bad for the lady she had small children and a ton of birds and they just got to be to much for her and her health wasn't all that good either. She really loved the birds but could not keep up with them. My hubby and I usually walk away with tears in our eyes in cases like that.

Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh Donna you have a big heart I can tell! The world needs more of you. :D Poor lil munchkins I hope they are rescued soon!

Martini101 wrote:Hey Lauren, so you have both a female and a male? They're beautiful and sound like a lot of fun!

Thankyou.. Jibby (green) is male, 8 years old this year :D and Yoda (blue) is 16 months old, we dont know if female or male yet.. I've got my bets on male though. hehe. Not long to go to find out. Yay! Excuse my ignorance, but what is military housing? :oops:

Lene, Oh yep, I will try separating for a couple of weeks.. after they settle in! Forgot to mention haha.. I think Jibby will be fine, he seems to love going to new houses, after a good fly around checking out the rooms and picking which one is 'his'. :lol: Yoda on the other hand, I'm not sure about. I find they adapt quickly to new surroundings though and Yoda is the adventurous one. :lol: