Well I done it

Moderator: Mods

Newbirdmom

Well I done it

Post by Newbirdmom »

I went to SC for a chinchilla show. On the way back my friend gave me a little love bird. This is just a cute little bird I think she is a peach face but has alot of yellow. Maya is a little jelouse but I am sure she will be ok with time. I have the new bird in another room to make sure that no one gets sick. I will get pics up soon.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

MBS strikes another vicitim!

Now for the pics!

Dani
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I'm so glad I am not the only person whose friends show up with birds. Congratulations!
MCS
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Lovebird :D GOOD LUCK! I hope yours behaves better than mine did :wink:
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

I am sorry to say that the day after thanksgiving I came home after shopping and Baby was gone. I have no clue why the baby bird died. He/she was just laying in the cage gone. My kids where so up set I might get another after christmas. Here is a pic of Baby that is the name that we had for him/her.

ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

awww what a shame :cry:
my gramma said today that the lady that comes in to help clean and stuff brought her ringneck to the house the other day gramma was stunned at how beautiful and friendly he was, but anywayz, she was going to the coast for the weekend, came home, few days later, got a call while at grammas... her little darling was gone.

seems she had taken it to a friends unit with 4 chain smokers in the house... those tiny little lungs couldnt take it, and he gave out, sad story, but i will never allow smoking near my bird, if i smoke at home - OUTSIDE, even b4 i got my fids, thats been the rule, keeps the house smelling nicer too (even if ya clothes reek)

makes me realise how sensitive these guys are, and how ultracareful we should all be with others around the fids
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

Yea I know that. I am not a smoker but wont have anyone that smokes even around my birds. I once had a lady help me clean my house and she was in the living room spraying fabreeze in the air and my daughter was holding my little quaker. Needless to say the Quaker passes away I was so upset...

I am just clueless as to why this baby died. My friend might think she weaned him too early and he did not know how to eat too well.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I am sorry for your loss.
MCS