Amazon needs a home!! (not mine) southern california

Moderator: Mods

Cindy

Amazon needs a home!! (not mine) southern california

Post by Cindy »

Hi all, I am reposting this for a friend...if your interested please email me................If anyones in southern CA an the north san diego animal shelter there is an amazon for adoption. I'd take him but I just can't. The adoption fee for exotics is only $5 so I'm really worried he won't end up with the right home, I'm scared someone will bring him home on a $5 whim. Anyone who wants it I have a link to him at the shelter..........I know lot of you have more than on kind of bird in your flocks..Just thought I would give you a heads up.
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

wish I was grown up enough (eg had some control over my job and work hours) for an Amazon. I think there is a conure at the San Clemente shelter too. Where do you live, Cindy?
MCS
Ringneckmom

Post by Ringneckmom »

I wish I was near there. I would take it in - alas - I am across the country.
"Losing your hearts desire is tragic.. but gaining it is all you could have ever hoped for." ~ One Tree Hill
~ Clara ~
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Keep in mind it is typical for male Amazons to be very, VERY aggressive. The bite will do more damage than a Umbrella 'too.

I hope this guy finds a new home, though.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Cindy...get that baby to a parrot rescue! That's my suggestion ;)

Dani
Cindy

Hi all

Post by Cindy »

ok here is the web site to see him... http://www.sddac.com/adoptions.asp...he is in the north station...so select north...he is in the first row, first photo I think....I can't get him...I live in Arizona...Sorry all...I know there are a few of you in CA or maybe you might know someone...so I cross post this from another cockatiel board I am on. Thanks.
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Ooooh someone please take him home! How scared does he look! DANI! CATSCHAIR! Make a road trip! NOW NOW NOW!!! :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I....want.... that.... baby.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Isn't his face so sweet, Mik? Who would care so little to take im to a shelter :(

You know....it only costs like $150 max to ship a bird in a plane :wink:
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

So, I know of two parrot rescue groups in San Diego. One is not taking any more birds right now, but I emailed the other one and will keep our fingers crossed. Will let you know when/if I hear back!
MCS
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

*prays for the poor soul* Someone take the boy!
Bird crazy

Good looking Amazon

Post by Bird crazy »

He's a pretty thing though don't you think. Looks pretty good for being in a shelter.

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers too that he finds just the right home.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

checked with a couple of rescue groups down that way and they are all at (or over) capacity.
MCS
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

This is so sad....when rescues are beyond capacity and birds are sitting in animal shelters...

If someone wants him and shipping is the issue I'll pitch in 10 bucks to the travel kitty--it is not much but it is a start.

The other option is a flight attendent I met while trying to reunite lost Katrina pets with their owners. She flew a lot of pets home on her days off. If one of you is SERIOUS about bringing that guy home and the flight is the issue-PM me and I will contact Barbara and have her get in touch with you. Not sure if she will do it but I think there is a good chance she would.
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

guess it is a good thing I have 30 birds (yes, the baby finch has hatched and it is back to 30) in the living room or I would be sorely tempted, even though I am not home or patient enough for an Amazon.
MCS