Bad news

Moderator: Mods

Kateykat

Bad news

Post by Kateykat »

As you guys all know hubby and I have a deposit down on a little blue baby ringneck, which should be coming home in a few weeks (probably early November end of October) I have just had a phone call from the breeder saying he doesn't think this bird will make a good pet and wants to keep it himself (I don't know what for), he has said how sorry he is blah blah and that he doesn't want me to be disappointed etc, would I mind taking a princess parrot instead.I kind of get the feeling now that he didn't even spend that he never intended for us to have this bubba, I even have suspicions that he left it in the nest with its parronts and only told me he was hand raising her. At the moment I am quite upset and not a little bit peeved off because both hubby and I had gotten quite caught in the idea of a IRN baby, and I was really looking forward to having that blue chicken here. I am really very sad because I was very attached to that little baby.
Should I .......
1. Argue and demand the bird that I put a deposit on
2. Accept the Princess parrot 3. Decline and look elsewhere, as in find another breeder of IRN's?
4. Give up and just have a good cry about the unfairness? (I am leaning towards this one right now)
Any suggestions please?
Katie
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
PETE's Mommy & Daddy

Post by PETE's Mommy & Daddy »

That's bad business!

I suggest that you DECLINE and get your deposit back.

ASHBURNE :D
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

I would suggest that you demand a reasonable excuse for why you can't have that one, even if you have to visit the breeder and see for yourself. You've paid the deposit, that's entered you into a contract with the breeder accepting that you're a purchaser of that particular bird.

If it falls through, get your deposit back and look elsewhere. Where are you located? I'm sure there's plenty of reputable breeders around. The market is flooded with IRNs at the moment.
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Well that's that I suppose. Just had a rather nasty phone conversation with the breeder, ended up telling him to stuff it and forget about it (and ending with the phone being slamed down). Soooo no baby IRN for me atmo. :roll:
Have started to search for other breeders and thinking about how long it will take me to get my deposit back.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Mattls

Post by Mattls »

I see you're from harvey bay... Get a bird off Jeremy! You know how well he takes care of his! Prices very reasonable too.
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Lol Matt! I am in the middle of harrasing Jeremy as we speak!
Kate
Ed Loschi

Tough way to not get your Irn.

Post by Ed Loschi »

This breeder sounds like a bad one.

I suggest you get away from him. Decline his offer and stop doing business with him.

Then I suggest that you name him and his business here on this board as well as on other similar boards so that his future potential customers are aware of his business practices.
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I would have suggested to get the money back and find a new breeder but you're already doing that! Hopefully you can get one of Jeremy's new bubs...

DAni