It's a Girl ! ! !

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

It's a Girl ! ! !

Post by Mikaela »

I cant give details now because I am too busy uploding pics but I have a new baby girl! She is soooo sweet and so precious!!

Baby has major competion. :shock:

She is moulting but still looks beautiful. The new board baby's name is "Boo-Boo" :!:

She is a Quaker! So sweet and cuddly! Tell me all about Quakers as I post pics... please! I wanna be the best mama to this baby I can be.

Pics to follow in a minute in the photo forum :!:
Last edited by Mikaela on Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

waits anxiously...watching for pics....wait-is that???no...just another false alarm...resumes stance, waits anxiously...watching for pics...
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Mik:

Best advice on quakers
get ready for another talker, with you and Baby teaching Boo-Boo she'll be talking in no time.

And handle her every day. They get very territorial of their cages, need to deal with that. Not sure what the best way to do that is.

Saw the pic and she is a cutie pie.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yes she is VERY cute...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Off to Quaker sites for awhile.

Starting aaaall over again.

My ol'man is pretty Ok, huh Kim. No means not this minute lol. I had to plan my work and work my plan.

He keeps shoving chicken down her throat. Thats how he plays with animals, feeds them.
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

awww Mik. I am so glad hubby is okay with this. makes life easier! I can't believe she is eating with you already! It took days to get her to eat anything but seeds....so glad we met, can't wait to hear how you and boo and baby (and hubby!) do together.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

She got a belly full of chicken and went night-night :D

She is ok... content... already. Im so blessed!
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

YAY! How exciting! I'm glad Kim is finding homes for those Quakers!

If only I didn't have such a hideous credit card bill, I'd be off to buy a new cage and adopt one as well.

Can't wait to go see the pics!!
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Wait, okay so wehre are the pics? *confused*

Post by Guest »

Hi Missi--Mik posted the pics in Photo Forum....she's a cutie!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

-giggles-

So precious, my lord she is precious.

Baby better shape up tee hee
~ Mikaela Sky

Post by Guest »

congrats.. we are waiting on the new hatchings of quakers from the breeders, my daughter is getting one. From what i hear they can be very noisey but nothing like a sun conure. Very playful and have a rather raspy voices. I will try and find the site I visited a while back when we were choosing between sun or quaker, it has some incredible video of them talking and playing on there.

Ok I took a few minutes and found it. My favorite quaker ... Twizzlebeak.

In this video he has been punished and put in his cage. He begins to beg for popcorn, then peanut butter, "give me some peanut butter" .. when he gets no attention he begins to use the cry technique, and says "don't make me cry" and starts with the crying noises. The cutest little bird I have ever seen. Real little characters.

http://www.quakerparrots.com/forum/inde ... i&img=2440

you may have to join first.
angie

Post by angie »

ok.. the above guest was me. You really need to change the site so that you have to login to post.
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

No... I really dont. Everyone is welcome to post, guest or member. Its our responsibility to remember to log in. :wink:

The rest of us seem to remember, hang a post-it if you need to.

You're awfully quick to tell someone what they 'need' to do with their board. Imran and I are very well qualified to handle it and we have the privilage and responsibility to set it up as we like/want/need it to be. Thats why we are site administrators :roll:

Check your tone, colors are coming through. PM is more more appropriate for complaints. Tolerance is low for **** slinging... those days are over and forgiven but NOT forgotten.

We all remember Angie. We all have tried to forgive, however, once true colors shine through... that cant be forgotten. If only it were that easy.
~ Mikaela Sky

angie

Post by angie »

I am really sorry Mikaela .. I didn't mean it that way. Backing up here .. i don't want trouble darling .. I just want to chat .. please !
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Then act like it rather than starting up with your sideways slaps again.

Im not putting up with YOU and your 'Im not doing anything' act with your hands in your lap trying to look innocent. All the while trying to hurt me in anyway possible. We have all watched it Angie... we know what you are about now. Your games didnt and wont work. My tolerance for you at this point, is ZERO.

I would say all of this in PM but you called me out publicly, so I thought I would show you the same level of respect. Too, people need to know the deal, if they dont already.

We accepted you back because we thought you changed, although none of you were ever banned.

You stir trouble and then play the victim, its sickning because we ALL know you. Where is your dignity?

I wanted the satisfaction of seeing it come full circle and everyone end up back here. Therefore, as everyone knows, depite the witch-hunt in progress... I never banned any of you. And it happened. Ya'll are back. Ya'll failed miserably the first time. Everyone saw that come into fruition.

So you want round 2? Wont find it here, you'll find yourself on the streets.

This is your official warning... get along with people and get off your bossy high horse or you have to go. I am wondering if you shouldnt have already have been tended to as so many have asked 'why do you still let them come here'? Because I can handle ya'll, you are no threat to me so please, feel free to visit anytime.

I want to think the best of you, as does everyone. Dont make that even harder. My advice to you is to read this, let it soak in and if you must respond, do so in PM. This is not negotiable because I will not allow you the power to start drama on this board.

I suggest you heed my advice darling.
Last edited by Mikaela on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

So glad to hear that all is going well with the new baby! I passed on the cage aggression warning, her daddy took a few chunks out of my finger last night. It is only in the cage....I am hoping that getting them out more will reduce the sensitivity to "invasion"...my finger is very sore and that makes it very hard to ignore new bites :(
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I taught her to dance lol.

Silly girl! She bounces her head up and down on command (dance Punkin).

She steps up on command but isnt so sure about it so she wants my palm... not my finger. She is sooo little, sure she's 2?

She lets me preen the white stuff off her pin feathers... thats ok to do, right?

I open the top of that cage (God that rocks) and work with her that way. She still bites the **** out of me but soon relaxes and remembers what my palm means.

No clue why anyone would part with this girl, other than its God's will Im her Mama.

Never though has she tried to get away from me as I have seen birds do in cages. Once I get her cage agression handled, we'll be fine but this is unacceptable and she is learning that.
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

good for Mik, sounds like you and she are on the same page. Keep me posted on the cage aggresssion, I am interested especially because I am dealing with the same thing with her parents...

SHe is definitely 2, I think she is small because neither she nor her parents were given decent food. Her parents produced her on a diet of 100% sunflower seed and that is what she was fed for her first few months of "real" food. After the birds went to their next home, when punkin was a wee babe, they were given a diet upgrade to cockatiel mix...I think she is stunted. IMO Confused

I love the cage thing...wish the cage I had did that!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

She will be my lil pocket parrot, bless her heart... cuz she is ALOT smaller than an adult Quaker.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Pocket parrot huh? Cute...lol

(Note...let's not fight and bicker anymore...)

Dani
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Pocket parrot huh? Cute...lol

Dani
angie

Post by angie »

Please re-instate my ability to pm mikaela. I want my membership here, not part thereof. I haven't done anything. I can't even discuss with you if I cannot pm. Please dont do this to me again.
angie

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

Dani03 wrote:Pocket parrot huh? Cute...lol

Dani

:D I like that!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Me too...angie, Mik...get into your own corners and let's play nicely. Getting upset never got anyone anywhere and it didn't work last time.

We're friends and family here...

Dani
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

I know that I have come to consider you all friends...and family, in a feathery kind of way. I know if tragedy strikes, I have a board full of family that will reach out to me. I've seen it happen more than once. I like that the board feels that way.

Hi Family==everyone kiss their bird today??
angie

Post by angie »

:D Jordan is on my shoulder this moment reaching around asking for a kiss and Kai has had his favorite treats. The budgies, lovie and kiely are all in the bird room playing chasey. All is good.

*hugs* to all.
angie

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im not upset, just not taking noooo mo' crap. :D

Round two wont happen. Wont have it. Use another source to bash me angie, you wont use the PM feature on this board to do it any longer. That is why it was taken the first time... remember?

Users e-mail addresses are available in their profile, more work on your part but same result, I suppose. Mine is there too. I asked you to keep the drama off the board and I check back in to find more.

Well make our own decisions. Some good, some bad but all we must live by.
~ Mikaela Sky