Would it upset you?

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Would it upset you?

Post by Mikaela »

I have been approached in regards to having a forum devoted to dealing with the loss of a pet. We are a family here, doesnt have to be an IRN.

We lose our babies and God, I cant even imagine what that would be like. I know *I* would need to talk about it... alot.

I also want to make sure we remember these angels. Like we could ever forget right? But as people have a resting place, I would like our pets to be able to rest and be revisited here with us.

Would this upset anyone? It would be a seperate forum that you dont even have to visit, as this topic can be very disturbing to some. However, it needs to exist.

Please Ya or Na
~ Mikaela Sky

ambros1a

all for it

Post by ambros1a »

having only had my little baby for a week now, and already growing attatched, i think its a great idea. Ive lost several pets before, and the talkin helps, even if its just a babble to get it out.
angie

Post by angie »

would be a great idea in my books.

My daughter lost her kakariki (Riki) and being able to share with other bird owners/lovers is a great thing. It helps !
angie

Plus Mickey and Mallory (now placed in a new home as a breeder) the wild females, Mickey is now paired with Kai and they are about to be parronts.
Cindy

Wonderful Idea

Post by Cindy »

Thats is a wonderful idea! A Rainbow Bridge Form with pics of our loved ones and their story.
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Sounds like a great idea Mik...vote Yes for me

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Glad ya'll like.

I have started it and will be working on it today.

If the forum upsets you, you can avoid it but I feel in my heart it is needed. We are family here. We need the support in these times.

The forum is dedicated to Bird Crazy skippie and Missi. Her recent loss was the catalyst that encouraged me to go ahead with this. They brought the idea to me and I had been wanting to do this but didnt want to make the board sad. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

count me as a yay....
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:D
~ Mikaela Sky

Bird crazy

yes yes yes

Post by Bird crazy »

My vote of course is yes, but give the credit to Skippie because it was his idea, and a great one I might add.

Tough subject yes but tougher to deal with the situation if you're alone with it. Always better to have a support group.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I vote yes
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

having recently lost a fid & a hammie, you MUST know that i vote yes!! dunno if i could've dealt with their deaths as i did if not for you peeps.

huggles,

In loving memory of Gina & Scooter.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I feel really good about the forum and hope its not even needed but I know if I lost Baby I would need to talk about it constantly. I want ya'll to be comfortable doing what you need to do in order to deal with your loss.

Check the forum out, lemme know what ya think.
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

Go for it :wink:
Nikki'sMommy

Post by Nikki'sMommy »

Having lost several bird and beloved pets in my lifetime, I say yes to your idea on having a place to talk about the loss of a bird and to be able to help a fellow bird lover to cope with the loss.
When I lost my daughter if it was not for the people in the bird chat room I don't think I would be were I am at now in my life. When I lost my beloved quakers Kokko & Kiwi and Romeo the dancing cockatiel, if it were not for other forums which I was a member of It would have been more unbearable. So I say a BIG YES!!!!
Barb & Nikki