Bad news guys :(

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

Bad news guys :(

Post by Dani03 »

Well the woman, Barbra, who I was supposed to get Rio from decided she was going to be a total moron and go back on our agreement. She has decided to keep Rio and try to "help her bird out"...I am so upset right now.

Back story for those of you who are not Jen (she's heard this all before)- Rio's owner has a terror of a son who is abusing that bird. He will grab and pull her feathers, toss toys at her, run at her to watch her freak out, tease her without mercy and all of this happens while Barbra watches him! She doesn't feel that he is Rio's problem...and that she is not stressed out by him!

I was like WTF and asked her what happened. She just up and deicded to just abandon having me take her. That was that...

A bit of good news though...I may have found another macaw that needs a home. He is a big greenwing named Bennie. So looks like poor Rio has to stay with that family but Bennie may get a better home. Wish me luck!

Dani
skippie1

Post by skippie1 »

I'm sorry to hear your news about Rio. I think Rio's mom (and I use that term loosely) is delusional about her son. It's really unfortunate that Rio will end up suffering. If its any consolation, I do believe in Karma - what goes around comes around and I think it will come around in spades for that kid.

At any rate, I hope that Bennie is meant to be for you. There are far too many abused and neglected birds and far too few good bird moms like you out there.

Luck and good Karma to you!
Skippie
Illigitimi non carborundum!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I am totally there with you on the Karma...what goes around comes around...

I am just upset that Rio has to continue to suffer. I sure hope that I can help Bennie...

Dani
Donna

Bad news guy's :(

Post by Donna »

Dani I feel bad for you and Rio. I've seen your pic's of her. I hope poor Rio gets revenge someday on that brat of a kid. I have a rescue Blue and Gold also. I've had him for about 6 months but the way I came accross him was by accident. I went to Ohio to buy a pair of breeding IRN's that was kept in a garage with about 30 dogs and two inches of poop in the cage and then the guy took us in the house and there was Rocky (B&G) in a small dirty cage no feathers. My hubby and I just looked at each other with tears in our eye's. We could not afford the price he was asking for him so we left. We could not get him out of our minds so a few months later we give the guy his money he wanted and we took the bird. He's all feathered again but still has some issues but we love him dearly. I can only hope the lady will (rio's mom) wise up and do whats best for the bird. So Good luck with the GW. We can't save them all. God Bless. Donna
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I aint even gonna start.

People suck. Ringnecks rock.

*hugs Dani and hands her a stuffed birdie for now* Its felt... really soft and mushy!
~ Mikaela Sky

Bird crazy

So Sorry

Post by Bird crazy »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I feel your pain and am thinking of you.

My best wishes for Rio and help for the woman's brain. Apparently there
are a few brain cells that are not synapsing.

And lets hope the child goes to school and gets some training in
how to treat others, people and pets.

Hugs Dani, gather your other two and love up on them and tell them again
what a good home they have and how much you love them

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Oh Dani,
I'm so sorry to hear that. After ALL you did to get acquainted with Rio and let her get to know you and ALL the research you did. Bless your heart. I'm so, so, so sorry! I only hope Rio will be ok too. I just wish for one week people who neglect or mistreat their animals would have to live like they force their animals to live. Bet they'd change their actions if that were the case. Good luck with Bennie! How do you find these lost souls that need saved??

Hugs,
Jen
Janice L Parks

Sorry about Rio.

Post by Janice L Parks »

:cry: Hi Dani,
I'm new to the message board, but I had to respond to your sad story. My name is Janice and I got my IRN Prettygirl at a yard sale. She didn't seem to be abused, but she looked so sad and lonely. I was told she was tame and very friendly. Well after she bit both my ears :shock: I knew I had my work cut out for me. To make a long story short 3 years later she is one of the love's of my life. It's hard to think of Rio being in such a horrid situation. If I was that kid's mother I would be worried. Rio will remember and get him sooner or later. Also most sereal killers started out abuseing animals. I read in my Parrot book that a lot of Parrots have been in 3 different homes by the time they are a year old. :cry:
I hope I didn't run on to much. Good luck with your new baby.
Janice & Prettygirl
Janice & Prettygirl
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Thank you so much for the surpport...I just hope that she comes to her senses... :cry:

Dani