thankyou all

Moderator: Mods

eckythump

thankyou all

Post by eckythump »

just want to say a big thankyou to everyone, your forum posts has helped me understand my babies a lot, today my babies had their health check and the vet said they was in really good condition, even tho some vets ask people to wait outside so a bird dont link us with any kind of possible trauma i decided it would be better if i remained, i never let the vet handle my babies because they are scared of strangers so i thought it would be less traumatic..... and it was, my babies are now back at home and are going about their business as they usually do, a special thankyou to missk, in the air and donovan and a lot of you other guys for your comments since i have been here and to those who posted before i joined, it has been most helpful.
MissK

Re: thankyou all

Post by MissK »

Hey, you're welcome! I'm so glad your birds are in great shape! Personally, while I understand the concept of not linking trauma to the keeper, I never let any of my pets been seen by the vet without me. Only exception is the emergency hospital which is kind of a special circumstance. I can well understand your perspective, and I can say if the vet won't have me in the exam room, I will find a different vet.

It might be a good goal over time to help your birds accept handling by someone else just because the vets use those experienced hands as part of their toolkit for getting all the information possible about your pet. Just a thought. I've taken more than one wild bird on that scary first trip to the vet, and I've never yet had one mishandled or traumatized by it. They sure don't like it to start, but it does not seem to stick with them.

Best wishes for continued success.
-MissK
Donovan

Re: thankyou all

Post by Donovan »

I have yet to see a vet for either of my birds,

I guess a checkup wouldn't hurt

A little on the broke side here lately though :P