finally a black feather

Moderator: Mods

Shane7285

finally a black feather

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi all,

I had Nemo out yesterday morning and I saw his first black feather. its right up next to his beak so I almost didn't see it. when I went to check him again he had bathed so I couldn't tell for sure, but I checked again this morning before I posted, and its still there..... will be interesting to see the transformation. For the record he is about 18 months old now.

Regards

Shane
Ring Neck

Re: finally a black feather

Post by Ring Neck »

That must be exciting, was he a dna'd male? So it takes that long for the ring to change color? I did a dna test on mine last night and I am waiting for the results.
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi Ring Neck,

yes he was dna'd male from the breeder at about 4 weeks old. So yes I have been waiting a while for some signs, and I am happy that its finally happening. I have a mate who he thought he had a female until it was about 2 1/2 years old when the ring came through. I couldn't stand waiting that long...

Regards

Shane
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

It is better to dna and then we all know what sex they are, I can't wait until my Rio's test came back.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congrats on finally knowing you have a definite little boy.
My couple of young boys moulted their black feathers in one hit during few weeks of moult. I thought I would see some sign leading up to it, but they kept me in suspense right till the end. :)