Breeding Season in South Africa

Moderator: Mods

Recio

Re: Breeding Season in South Africa

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud,

Breeding season in south hemisphere is opposite to the north hemisphere. Your birds coming from southafrica need to readapt to the new photoperiod, but if they are adults you can get some chicks this year.
Which mutations have you imported?

Cheers
Recio
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi Saud,

just wanted to say they are very nice looking birds. What kind of babies are you hoping to get from them?

Regards

Shane
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud;

In the second pic the female is not turquoise blue pallid but just turquoise blue. She can not be split pallid since split to sexual mutations (opaline, cinnamon, ino-pallid) is not possible in females. With her you will not get just chicks like the parents but:

Blue-pallid cock X turquoise-blue hen (I will assume SF turquoise)

Males:
50.0% 1.0 blue /pallid bl/bl;ino+/inopd; .............................. Visual blue
50.0% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue /pallid bltq/bl;ino+/inopd; ...... Visual turquoise

Females:
50.0% 0.1 blue pallid bl/bl;inopd/Y; ................................... Visual blue pallid
50.0% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid bltq/bl;inopd/Y; ........... Visual turquoise pallid

Finally I have been able to correct you after all the times you have corrected me :lol: :lol: .... and I thank you for that (I am meaning the corrections you made me)

Cheers

Recio
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud;

The female turquoise pallid should display a yellow head. In the first pic I see a green head and in the second one, It could be that the colour is yellowish, but it is true that pics are fuzzy.... I begin to think that you are always right !!! :evil:

Cheers

Recio
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud;

If both birds are coming from the same breeder and both display melanin marks in the head I would conclude that they are related. Did you ask the breeder if they are related? Look at the ring looking for successive numbers in the same year. If it is the case it could be that they were brother and sister.
Anyway it will be interesting to see what happen with this melanin marks in the offspring when paired together ...

Best regards

Recio
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Saud,
Look at the nails; if she is cinnamon they are transparent-white , otherwise they are grey.

Recio
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Hi Saud

congrats. I can't wait to see what the babies turn out to be. Breeding these kind of mutations is very interesting.

Regards

Shane
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

all i can say is while the birds are lovely, their home looks like a very dismal, sad life.
one huge perch thats too big and thats it? where's their toys, swings and various size perches?
must be awful to wake up every day and still be in that miserable cage.
sorry, but i just had to say it based on what i see..............
bilalk064

Post by bilalk064 »

Hi everyone I wud like to knw wat part of the year is breeding season in south Africa ?