Weaning issues

Moderator: Mods

vinayv92

Weaning issues

Post by vinayv92 »

Hi folks :)
My baby IRN is about 40 days old . He hasn't been eating properly for the last 2 days . He doesn't have beyond a spoonful or 2 of formula except for the night meal . I had been feeding him thrice a day until then . The issue is that he hasn't begun eating other foods either. He takes a few nibbles of soaked seeds, bread , egg and coriander when I hold it up for him to eat but beyond that he doesn't have anything else.
Apart from that , the reduction in his food intake started around the same time he began flying .

Should I be overly worried or is this normal behaviour ?
If it isn't normal , is there any way I can make sure he keeps up his weight ?

Thanks
Vinay
MissK

Re: Weaning issues

Post by MissK »

Vinay, so not my area, but I *have* read they reduce when they start flying. How do the Budgies do it?
-MissK
vinayv92

Re: Weaning issues

Post by vinayv92 »

Well I've been trying out more foods with him and the only thing he will eat is cold mashed Mango. I've decided to not worry that much about the weight ; I'll just feed him whenever he seems hungry and leave some additional food inside his cage.

The budgies are off and away almost always around the 30 day mark . I've never had to handfeed any of them so the weight never came into my thoughts.
Thank you for your reply MissK :) . I've kinda moved on to breeding my tiels . My pair recently raised 3 chicks and are sitting on 3 more babies at the moment :D .