2 babies have died

Moderator: Mods

ringo27

2 babies have died

Post by ringo27 »

Hi I am breeding a lutino pair they had 4 babies a week later I checked and found 2 dead the other 2 look fine as growing. I just want to know why this happened. ?
ringo27

Re: 2 babies have died

Post by ringo27 »

But checking the nest box daily will make it wrost? The alive one I see they chrisps and growing big since last Sunday the dead ones were tiny same size from that day. I fed the parent well daily. I just took out the deads ones. I hoping the mum to care the babies 7 more days so I can hand fed the babies
SCB 22

Post by SCB 22 »

Ringo, i mean no offense, but if you are not even sure what you are checking for when you check in the nest (to see if baby is being fed) will you be ok to hand feed, not knowing if you feeding baby too much or too little? Have you been shown the correct way to feed etc, wouldnt want for you to lose your remaining babies.

No offense intended! Good luck!
ringo27

Post by ringo27 »

Every day large bowl of seed/pallets mix and large bowl of mix fruit n veggies everyday. I have bred parrot such as alexandrine and ekkies. I just wanted to bred ringneck this year and have came a disaster result. And yes I have knowledge of hand feeding babies thats over 3weeks old.. I don't really checl all my parents thier box. But this lutino ringneck making me to watch cposer on them
ringo27

Post by ringo27 »

Thwnk u guys I've learned something new about ringneck. I've just took the babies out to hand fed them they doing fine. I've decided to give the parent another chance. And I'm thinking giving them a L shaped or Z shaped breeding box. My dad think the 2 babies or mother have squashed them