Infertile egg..

Moderator: Mods

lolorenjo

Infertile egg..

Post by lolorenjo »

Did anyone face on this experience?
I have pair that always infertile since 4 clutch..
What should I do..did I can give any special diet for them?
SCB 22

Re: Infertile egg..

Post by SCB 22 »

Have they bred before? How old are they? How many times have they had infertile egg in total?

Thanks
lolorenjo

Post by lolorenjo »

They never produce any chick yet since 4 clutch.. I wonder if they are being neutered course I buy this pair from a pet shop who get a stock from Thailand..I have heard a Rumors that bird from Thailand usually not suitable for breeding because they neutered the bird before sell it to customer..is it true? Anyone have any information on this?
SCB 22

Post by SCB 22 »

i have never heard of a bird being neutered. Sterile yes due to inbreeding, or even age but not that.

So you are saying they have had clutches before? Was any evidence of previous babies provided? As you 100 % certain that you have a male and female, and of their ages?
Chienderace

Post by Chienderace »

I have a pair that have had infertile eggs for the past three years ,due to the cockbird having a wing problem. This year when I substituted there eggs for others I candled them out of curiosity and this year they were fertile!
Shay-aus

Post by Shay-aus »

Hi I had the same problem with 2 pairs this yr both hens were 1st time breeders 5eggs each
All were clear after 14days
Hopefully they get it right this time
Allthebest
Dha Aviary

Post by Dha Aviary »

Hi to All I have a female Creamino(first time) paired with a proven albino. The eggs are infertile. Is the pair not bonded that much or do I need to give a vitamin E supplement like Nekton E. With my other pair a proven Gray(Female)paired with a first time Turquoise blue(male) same thing clear eggs for 2 clutch.(sept 2013 and Jnuary2014).
Thank you in advance for the suggestions.