BABIES!!!!

Moderator: Mods

Neokireina

BABIES!!!!

Post by Neokireina »

Sorry I'm a bit weird. I checked my cockatiel under the cage on the floor and there was THIS

Rolling around COLD on the floor. I picked it up and held it in the sun then put it back with the eggs.
tasha

Post by tasha »

What a lucky find it is so cute
Tasha
Tasha & Indy
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Only half lucky, I'm not sure that the parents are doing their job. It was very cold. I dont think they are sitting on them properly.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hun:

I am half asleep, bare with me... you FOUND that under your 'tiels cage? Did you know she had eggs? Expecting this? If not, God bless you and that baby that you found it before it froze. That is amazing.
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I knew she had eggs down there. here's a pic
Image The baby had somehow rolled away from where the cock was sitting and every time I put the baby back it wasnt being sat on. Finally tonight The HEN sat on the baby, thank god. Males are clueless sometimes :P I *hope* the baby is still alive and taken care of tomorow. Please pray for the little thing.

By the time I realised she was sitting on 4 eggies down there it was too late to move them all.
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I'm like some kind of papperazi.. Following my birds round for a good photo. lol. I swear I practically have their entire lives documented.
Dani03

Cool!

Post by Dani03 »

I love your female cockatiel. She is so pretty! What a devoted looking mohter. I got lucky I suppose with my male when I did; He actually took care of the chicks his first time around. What color is the male?

Dani and Prinny
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

They are both plain, the baby is still alive but when I went in this morning it was laying on the floor away from the hen and it was COLD, I thought it was dead but it's alive. I fed it and put it under a lamp and phoned a member of the bird club to help, *if* the baby lives till tonight or tomorrow she will hand raise them, i just dont have the equipment, I dont even have a thermometer.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Neokireina wrote:I'm like some kind of papperazi.. Following my birds round for a good photo. lol. I swear I practically have their entire lives documented.

I think I'm the total opposite, and I'll regret it one day I'm sure. I even wish I had more pics of my first dog. We just don't have the equipment, lol. Camera and such. I'll have to bug my bro for his digital one. ^_~
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Update on Bubblegut This is what he looks like now.. about 15 days old.

As i posted in other threads. I went out and bought a brooder and have been feeding bubblegut from an eggie. I even *stupidly* helped him out of his eggie before I realised how dangerous that is. FYI always read up on stuff before you jump in the deep end. The other baby died sadly. And I took away the new eggs the hen began sitting on. I cant take care of babies till next year. I'm going away for a few days and no one will be able to feed them. Not even sure who's going to look after bubblegut while I'm away.

These birds take over your life.. who owns who, huh..

Also we have a new addition. A baby sun hen to be mates with Zek later in life. However this doesnt seem to be going very well. Froggy likes her, Zek hates her. Kiva and Growls still dont like each other very much.

I've taken away all the cockatiels. So will see what happens now.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You have GOT to enter than in an online photo contest.

OMG! CUTE!
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

guess who at 22 days old.

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

hehehehehehe that little one just makes me chuckle, its sooo cute.

what a face.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

ohhhh look at that full crop! good job mum! hehe very cute :lol:
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day