Hello from Tasmania, Australia!******

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

xxx_mel_xxx

Hello from Tasmania, Australia!******

Post by xxx_mel_xxx »

Hi!

I'm Melissa and I live in Tasmania, the smallish island off Australia. I just bought my first Indian Ringneck Parrot a week ago, his name is Pefa. He is 12 weeks old, hand reared. He's settling in fairly well. I love him heaps, it's amazing how different they are to cockatiels (which I've had in the past). I do have a little problem with him and his cage which i posted in the behaviour board. I'm hoping my pictures will come through so you can all see him!

U.S Marine

Re: Hello from Tasmania, Australia!******

Post by U.S Marine »

You guys see him taking a bath lol.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

G'day Melissa. I am just up the road from you in NSW! :P

Pefa is a beautiful little bird.

Welcome to the forum and to ringneck ownership....or slaveship lol ;)
xxx_mel_xxx

Post by xxx_mel_xxx »

Haha he's not shy, it cracks me up when he takes a bath the funny little thing.
pinkdevil wrote:G'day Melissa. I am just up the road from you in NSW! :P

Pefa is a beautiful little bird.

Welcome to the forum and to ringneck ownership....or slaveship lol ;)
Thank you! Slaveship lol, I'm learning all about that! No matter how much poo and bits of fruit i have to clean up i still love him - have you just got the one?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

xxx_mel_xxx wrote: Thank you! Slaveship lol, I'm learning all about that! No matter how much poo and bits of fruit i have to clean up i still love him - have you just got the one?
No, I have quite a few ringies as well as other birds that I breed and handraise.

I have just taught one of my Lutino babies that was bred 2 years ago to 'spin around' on command. Very cute. :)

I am going to take a video of it, got the camera charged up, just got to get my 'A' into 'G' and do it! lol
xxx_mel_xxx

Post by xxx_mel_xxx »

oh how cute, i would love to see your bird spinning around! How did you teach it, just with time and treats? I usually keep my camera handy now i have a baby ringneck, he surprises me with the things he does, they are a little bird with big personalities!