All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

How to get my IRN to like me and why so much poo

Moderator: Mods

RomeoIRN

How to get my IRN to like me and why so much poo

Post by RomeoIRN » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 am

Hi there! I recently got my boy going on 3 weeks now and he still doesn’t like to be touched what so ever. He was hand reared but from day 1 has not like to be patted or touched what so ever. I can get him to step up but usually I semi have to force him so I can move him off the curtains and back to somewhere else or into his cage. He is happy to step up to come out of his cage though. I’m not sure what else I can do. I constantly talk to him and when he whistles I whistle back, he use to take food from our hands and now he won’t and just goes for fingers and he still bites. I know it takes time but hoping for some pointers.

And my goodness does he poo like a champion. Obviously birds poo more often then other animals but I swear he aims and shoots it at as. Any info about this would be great.

First time bird owner in general and just want him to be happy. Which he seems he is as long as I don’t touch him haha. Thanks!

AJPeter

Re: How to get my IRN to like me and why so much poo

Post by AJPeter » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:13 am

It takes time it could be 3 months or more before he settles down the faster you push him the harder it will be for you to make friends, just sit by the cage eat your meals close to the cage offer him a little, his curiosity will bring him to you, just give it time and you will have an adorable friend for life.