All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Hello everyone

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Maribel

Hello everyone

Post by Maribel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:25 am

Hey boys and girls. I only recently got my first IRN and because where I live there were only like 10 of them sold, I'd thought I find some people that know some info about them. Names Mary I'm 26, nice to meet ya all .Used to have several small budgies before and buying IRN was my first "daring move" as my family considered them big and aggressive birds at first :D

That fear however seems to have been a slight exaggeration at least, as our 8 months old guy is afraid of everything that moves and gets close to his cage. He even ignores all the toys we've put inside and only seems to eat and drink... and scream at 7am lol.

Anyways, I would hope someone would give me at least some insight with the little fellow. I had budgies before and in 1 week they would at least not be afraid of toys and of movement going around them, IRN seems to be afraid of everything and I have no idea why. The place where I bought him was very comfy and quiet, he used to live with his 2 little brothers (or sisters, the shop owner said that they were too small to identify their sex) so I can't really say that he was in bad place or was abused. Most of the times he just takes care of his feathers or walks around from left to right non-stop which also kind of scares me as I don't know if that is normal or maybe he does not like something

Have tons of questions, hope you don't mind me asking them. Read a lot about them before buying, but this kind of behavior he has slightly unnerves me and because its extremely hard to find someone in my country with an IRN, I kinda fear that the regular avian veterinarians won't know much about them if something happens.

rob232

Re: Hello everyone

Post by rob232 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:56 am

hii how are you.. good one ..