Fruit

Moderator: Mods

Becx

Fruit

Post by Becx »

hi... sunny is getting fussy about his fruit and i thought i could try some new exotic fruits that are in season here in Australia.

does anyone know if IRN's can eat star fruit (Carambola), dragon fruit / red pitaya (Hylocereus undatus), feijoa (sometimes called pineapple guava), regular guava (Psidium guajava), persimmon (Diospyro), Longan (Euphoria longan) or if these fruits are poisonous?

he usually eats a small cob of corn, half a passionfruit, half a jalapeno chilli or other type of pepper and some apple or pear and a couple of crimson grapes everyday. he also has access to parrot seed mix and millet a couple of days a week.

My problem is that he is slowly but surely turning his beak up at things he used to like (such as strawberries, red papya, brocolli, kiwi fruit etc). Is what i 'm feeding him enough? i'm worried that he isn't getting enough variety and therefore not enough vitamins. He even chucks a tantrum if he dosn't get passionfruit. :twisted: spoiled little bird!

Thanks heaps from Bec and Sunny! :P
Bec
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

All those fruits are fine... I lieave whole persimions out for my birds and my IRN destroys it :P
Becx

Post by Becx »

that seems to be the whole point of being an IRN - destroying things! my little guy loves to tear up everything from his food to plants to paper and anything else left in his path. they really are a great pet! thanks so much for your reply. Cheers, :D
Bec
Janet

fruit

Post by Janet »

My Tasmanian guys LOVE dragon fruit. They look so cute with their little dragon fruit smudged faces. They also love pomegranate when they are in season.