Jerry flew away today....

Moderator: Mods

Lags

Jerry flew away today....

Post by Lags »

well i think the title says it all. had the door open for about 2 seconds, and he was gone. He was chirping his little heart out as he flew off into the great blue yonder. I miss him already.

Hope you are ok out there little fella, we love you.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

I'm sorry he flew away, its terrible when a beloved pet goes missing. I hope he finds his way back home.
Last edited by xx_sheena_xx on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bec

Post by bec »

oh no put his cage out side with some of his favourite foods in it & ask at your local petshop to post a missing notice also if you know anyone localy with avairies ask them to keep an eye out irns are social birds & will seek out other birds (&other food)
good luck i hope he comes home safe
keep us posted
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

I agree with Bec!
Put his cage outside and have a plate of his favourite food inside.
Ring your local radio station and broadcast it on the lost and found as well as asking your local service station or popular corner shop if you could post up a notice in the window.

Good luck!
Hope you find him.
Lags

Post by Lags »

well two weeks on and still no sign of Jerry. We tried everything. we had his cage out with all his favourite foods and his toys outside, we called the radio station, adds in the paper, signs up everywhere, told all our neighbours, but still nothing. We havent even seen him since.

we have since got another IRN to try to fill the space left behind by little Jerry. The thing is we raised Jerry from 9 weeks old, so he was very tame, talked, did little tricks and was very social. But our new girl is 6 months old already and very shy/scared of us. She doesn't seem to like contact with people. We are hoping that she will get used to us. we have only had her for 4 days now, and alreday she is getting better, but its hard to get used to after having such an outgoing bird like Jerry.

The worst thing is not even knowing if he is OK or out there somewhere starvbing to death because he doesnt know hat to eat. It breaks my heart to think about it. I havent given up on him, but have to be realistic - I will probably never see him again.

So jerry, I hope you are doing ok mate. The only concelation is that the last time i saw you, flying away, you looked so happy, chirping your little heart out. "Love you buddy" (that was something he used to say).
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:( sorry to hear this .. hope the new one settles in, clipping will help tame her and also keep her from flying away too.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( *Hugs* Im so sorry for your loss. *Sending warm and love and a full belly to Jerry out there* :cry:

Getting another pet can certainly help with grief. But can never replace the personality lost. Im sure your new baby will give you many cherished memories, just as lil Jerry did. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year