some more pics

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

some more pics

Post by Aldeleen »

Some pics pf me and Pi-ko and also some random pics from home!
Enjoy!
inept

Post by inept »

Pair of good looking birds there!

Quite remarkable how animated he looks in spite of his terrible injury. Hopefully the vet is just a pessimist. What's on the perches? Sand paper?
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

:) EHEHEH THX!!!

ye its sand paper--- they call it grid paper actually-- i fasten it around the perches for natural grid and to keep the nails short without cutting-- works wonderfully -- Pi-Ko also nibbles in the paper and i think she eats some of the grid?

:) Im keeping an eye on the little birdie! You never realy know how they feel :( shame my heart is still so sore, cant believe it happened! But will always love her and provide her with the best care ever!

Thank u for your post :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Pi-ko is lovely. Love her blue colouring, :)

Not meaning to scare you but keep an eye on her feet with the sandpaper perches. I saw a couple of photos where the bird actually wore away the skin on the feet from walking up and down the perches. Looked like red perches from all the blood. :shock:

I really like the last pic of you and Pi-ko. That would be a lovely one framed. :)
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

:) Thx Pinkdevil!!!
I do watchout for it! I try to buy the least abrasive paper! I have also heard about birdies getting hurt on the paper :(

i havent had a situation like that before -- but i will look out for it!! Ya shame man, they can realy be hurt by it too!