I got the tail from Tiki last night!

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Lisa's Tiki

I got the tail from Tiki last night!

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

I got the tail from Tiki last night! When I got home I let Tiki out of his cage like I normally do, however last night was a little different, because my daughter and hubby were over at my mother-in-laws for a sleep over, so I called my Mom and asked her if she wanted to go out to dinner with me. Well a few minutes before I knew my Mom was due to arrive, I wrangled Tiki back into his cage, which he was not too happy about, but he did go after several "I don't want to!" squawks. Well I guess he has gotten used to me taking him with me, but I knew we were going to a restaurant and you can't take a bird into eat with you, so I had to leave him behind. Normally when I get home, Tiki greats me with happy squawks and he is doing his little let me out of the cage tap dance, that is except for last night! When I walked in there wasn't a peep from his cage. I walked over and he was on the very top perch at the far back of the cage with his back turned towards me and he stayed that way for about an hour! Before I came home I had stopped at a Farmers Market and bought him a big bag of corn on the cob and mixed peppers. I went into the kitchen to clean and put away the veggies and I put a few circles of corn on the cob in his dish along with a sliced up pepper. He ignored it for about 15 minutes, but he couldn't take it any longer and he climbed down and started munching away. After he ate the corn, he was my friend again. Tonight I have to go back out to the store, after I pick up the family, so I am going to go home first and pick up Tiki and put him in his flight suit so he can go along as well. If we eat out tonight though, it is going to have to be fast food that has dining outside, because I sure don't want to upset Tiki again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Argh, my girl does the SAME thing when things dont go her way. Turns her back to me and I even feel like Im not in the room. The ol silent treatment... they are quite the munipulators!
selma

Post by selma »

he he he i got the same two weeks ago but we're back to normal now. Aren't they just so cute though when they act up like that? Makes you want to hug them. I can't wait for the day when i can hug and cuddle our little rascal.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Tiki sure has you trained well! :D :D :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay