does it happen?

Moderator: Mods

Miss_kaos

does it happen?

Post by Miss_kaos »

hey guys, now i know there is alot of information on bluffing here but i am not sure on one thing... my babii is turning two in november but to me he has changed... he has bitten me for the first time and is moody at times... i was wondering if it is possible he is going through bluffing late??? i have never had a problem before.

thanks for any help..
Reearn nd Birdbird
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Is your bird male or female?

I know my male aviary birds are becoming a bit agressive as it is nearing breeding season here. Trying to fight with each other through the wire and coming up to me and trying to bite! :evil:
My girl on the other hand has become more affectionate to me and bows down when I pat her. :shock: :roll:

So I am thinking that it might be hormones kicking in ready for breeding. :)

8)
Fah

Post by Fah »

Its hormones around this time of the year. It affects some birds, not all... and to variable amounts. I wouldnt submit to his / her grumpy moments.

I would not worry about it lasting the whole season, the pet birds i have experience with and friends tend to only last a few weeks of it.
Briony

Post by Briony »

could this also be why my female is clucking and why nibbler is lunging and biting my boyfriend?
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

hey thanks for that... yeh my bird is male (well i have found a black lining near his beak coming through, and two little red tipped feathers on his neck- so i'm presuming its the ring coming through) i found that months ago and they havent changed so it was my guess it'll develop more when he molts again... am i on the right track?? lol

I wanted to deal with this effectively and reasonably-and not lock him away because of his moods but instead interact with him even more and just ignore the little mood swings. As i can sorta see when he's in 'that' mood so i will give him space lol but still let him know there are boundaries.

thanking you all very much for the replies!!!
Reearn nd Birdbird
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Briony wrote:could this also be why my female is clucking and why nibbler is lunging and biting my boyfriend?

Quite likely. :)

My girl is clucky to at the moment.

Ahhh the joys of hormones lol

8)
Fah

Post by Fah »

Yeah, I also have a 1yo creamino in the aviary I hand reared, after hand rearing i put her into the aviary and let her go untame.

Now suddenly when i do into feed the birds she dips her body down, raising her head and opens her wings slightly waiting for me to kiss her beak. Its cute how a normally agressive bird suddenly goes to water at this time of the year :P