a newbie to indian ringnecks

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

debby

a newbie to indian ringnecks

Post by debby »

i have just got my first pair of blue indian ringnecks after a lot of reading on line as i havent been able to buy any books. in my county there doesnt seem to be many breeders of irn although i breed cockatiels and budgies and that has has been succesful. i saw some films with irn in and was amazed in how they talk.we have an african grey who is a brilliant talker,my senegal is nearly 12months and he does try to talk. the idea was to have just a few different talking birds so they can talk to each other when im not home and at work. i love watching and talking to my birds. i am hoping to keep one baby and hopefully hand rear/tame to . my pair are a beautiful blue colour we decide to call the male stilton after blue cheese and i have called the hen topaz after my birthstone ( blue topaz) can any one tell me the differnce between african or indian ringnecks?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congrats on your first pair of IRNs. They really are wonderful birds. :) I have 17 of them so far. Had my first IRNs clutch last year. Was great! :)

The difference between and IRN & an ARN is African Ringnecks are slightly smaller. I think they have a different beak colour as well.

8)
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Welcome! Its good to have more and more new members!
debby

Post by debby »

i found you guys by chance. youve all been helpful and friendly. had to attach the nest box to stilton and topaz 's cage. they have shown signs they are getting ready? i have had them a week now i am waiting for a friend who works @ local zoo and i said i would donate one of there babys so they can keep hand tamed etc and then hopefully they will introduce to their bird shows? they might not be intrested.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

That is a lovely gesture debby. :)

Would be great to see an IRN in a bird show.

Good luck with breeding :D

8)
debby

Post by debby »

just had a message from my local zoo the answer is yes to one of the babies. now its awaiting game.