Cob of the corn ok?

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Cob of the corn ok?

Post by Lauren »

:shock: I gave both of them a little corn on a cob, (cut up into small portion). Later, as I was cleaning up the scraps, I could not find the left over cobs! I have figured out Yoda ate them. I gave him another today and after all the corn was ripped off, I dont think it was even eaten, the cob was demolished. The cob can't be better than the corn?.. Yoda certainly thinks its the best part! :shock: Jibbys favorite is corn on the cob, but he's never attempted to eat the cob!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
nil

Post by nil »

and my birds love corn
I hang a half of corn cob in the cage or cut the cob into half
slices and then serve with other fruits and vegetables in a cup.
They eat both seeds and the entire of the cob.
This year, i have frozen in summer many of them, so i have corn cobs all the year.
I think they prefer more the frozen from fresh.
julie

Post by julie »

Mine throw them around and they love to demolish them too.The budgie that we have goes nuts with the husks, he gets on top of them and rolls across the gage like he is in the circus or something.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon in the same a Yoda will eat the cob too, but will eat all the corn first, you cant get near his corn he loves it too much
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Oh thanx! I just never thought whether the cob was ok to eat, since Jibs never touches it, he'd rather eat the good bits. I wish I had the camera with me, I was watching them eat before and noticed, Jibs is such a delicate eater and prefers to pick one piece off at a time, in a neat row, rolling the corn around with his tongue, taking the 'skin' of the corn bits, while he slowly turns the cob with his foot.. hes very neat with his food and oh soo dainty! hehe.. then.. there is Yoda :shock:.. who likes to get the corn all over his head, mushing it all up and ripping the corn out in chunks, and flicking it all over the wall. Such a grub! :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year