Tiki is finally out of quarantine

We love to hear daily stories, ringneck antics, and more ringneck antics!

Moderator: Mods

Tiki

Tiki is finally out of quarantine

Post by Tiki »

I love this new topic!!!! :D

Yesterday I finally introduced my IRN Tiki to my two cockatiels Tinkerbell and Princess. Tinkerbell and Princess' cage sits on the left side of my couch and now Tiki's cage sits on the right side of my couch. All the birds where in there cages. Normally when I open Tiki's cage door he immediately climbs out and sits on top of his cage top tree perch, well last night it took him over an hour to come out because he just sat in the corner of his cage staring :shock: at those two "strange" birds across the couch from him in the other cage. They have been calling to each other for a month now, but I guess it's like humans to actually get to put a face with the voice type thing... Well even when Tiki finally ventured out, he completely ignored the two tiels, but he did have a blast climbing up the recliner over to the end table, up a picture frame, and onto the top of my lamp shade, where I finally caught the little bugger and put him back on top of his cage top perch. Well that didn't last long, because he wasn't through exploring. I left the room and he flew down (well floated down - his wings are clipped) and started walking after me into the kitchen. It was really funny. :lol: lol

Well this morning when I opened his cage door I guess he could no longer take the suspense so he immediately climbed on top of his cage, hopped onto the couch, walked across it and hopped onto the tiels cage and just started down at them for several minutes which totally freaked my poor tiels out. Well I picked Tiki back up and put him back on top of his cage, but he would have no part of it, he again made the trek across the couch to go inspect out these other two birds. Well I had to leave for work, so I had to interrupt all his fun in exploring his new territory, so back inside his cage he went. I can't wait to get home tonight and see what happens over the weekend. Tiki is way to funny and very entertaining. He loves to be out of his cage and wherever I am. He also just loves the water and I just received a shower perch I ordered for him, so I can't wait until tomorrow to give that a try as well!

Sorry for such a long post, but when I get started talking about my birdies I just can't stop! :mrgreen: